MDGA logo contest

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by eliya, Nov 11, 2008.

1. eliya

eliya New Member

2. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Neat! Can you give us some ideas of what all they want on the logo? Like just "MDGA" or "Miniature Dairy Goat Association?" Anything like that would be helpful. :)

I've been SO totally lately, but I was thinking today that I seriously need to get a letter written. :)

3. eliya

eliya New Member

Good to hear from you Bethany. I hear you had an exciting weekend. I hope you enjoyed your visit with the Duggers. I'm so glad that you got Duffy back safely!!! Anyway, the logo should have MDGA and probably "Miniature Dairy Goat Association" on it. It could say something like "Experimental, American and Purebred registry for Mini Dairy Breeds" too. I'd love to see a logo that shows the size difference between the standards and the Mini's but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. I'd love to see any ideas you come up with!

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i''l definetly enter, i love designing logos, but i dont know what i would do with a membership to a mini goat registry. , maybe i'll have to get some :wink:

5. eliya

eliya New Member

LOL. Yep, you'll get addicted just like the rest of us!!! Or, if you don't get the minis... I'll take your membership!!! :drool: :cool:

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i have two nigerian does already, but i'm not really as fond of them as my boers. but i'll get a-workin on the logo. :cool:

7. eliya

eliya New Member

You just have to try the Nigerian's crossed with a large dairy breed (a ND BUCK to a standard doe!) and you'll get the best of both worlds!!!

8. eliya

eliya New Member

All the logo submissions are in and voting will be open until November 30th. All votes, comments and suggestions are welcome, but MDGA member votes will ultimately decide the winning logo. Thanks to everyone who submitted logos! There are so many nice ones that I'm having a really hard time choosing my favorite!

9. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    OHHHHH ... I missed this ! Is it to late to submit a logo ? U said they're all in and voting began .. so I assume it's to late ... ?

10. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Bummer! how did I miss this? There should be a special place here on the goat spot for contests. :(

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it seems they have a three way tie or something like that. Cant wait to know the winner. I have my preference but we shall see what happends.

12. eliya

eliya New Member

I'm sorry you all didn't see it until now. I'm sure you would have had great entries.

We did get it narrowed down to three different ones. After some tweaking, we'll have the three finalists up for voting. I'll post here when we get that done. Stacey and all, you can vote - I think we are going to count votes for everyone, not just members. Not sure on that yet, but non-member opinions are important too. :)

13. eliya

eliya New Member

Update...
    All votes are in. It was pretty close and there were several suggestions for changes, so the three logos with the most votes have been edited and we will be having another vote to choose between them. The address for voting on the updated logos is: http://miniaturedairygoats.com/final logo votes.htm

14. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    I voted even though im not supposed to ;)

Who did you vote for?

15. eliya

eliya New Member

That's fine. :) It's good to get other opinions too! Think I should tell who I voted for? You see, I know who made each logo... hehehe. I chose #3. I think that one will look best when used on shirts, jackets, mugs etc. We just might have to add an udder to the goat though. I mean, it is a DAIRY registry. :cool:

16. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Yup, I think the goat needs an udder on that one too. :)

17. eliya

eliya New Member

I've had some one offer to help with photoshopping it to add an udder if that is the logo that wins. I hope it does as I really like it. I like it better than the one I made :wink: I'm not sure if adding an udder would work, but I think we could make something work there.

18. eliya

eliya New Member

Well Bethany's (FarmGirl18) logo won!!! I voted for hers even though I made #1. I think her logo will look great for everything. You can see the total votes on the MDGA website here: http://miniaturedairygoats.com/final logo votes.htm If that doesn't work go the the MDGA home page and go through the news page.
    Thanks Bethany for working with us on this!!!

19. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh wow!! I had no idea Bethany made it! That one was my very favorite! I am very impressed :thumb:

20. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    You are very welcome Eliya! :) I had a lot of fun making it. And thank you very much Chelsey, I'm glad you liked it.