Meadow's Twins!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by powderhooves, Mar 30, 2009.

1. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Meadow was in labor all day yesterday and delivered at 5:30p.m. The first little one came out like an Olympic diver...the second had one foot forward but was delivered fine. Mom and babies are doing well but need assistance nursing since all she wants to do is look at them. So....I'm taking today off and spending it in the barn. One doe down and seven to go! I was pleasantly surprised one is red....a nice chocolate color......he's a keeper. The other will either find a new home or be wethered. I would also like to take this time to thank Lori for being a mentor and for her much needed emotional support during this time. You're an angel! I've always said one day God will judge us not only by the hearts we touch but those we leave untouched. You touch so many hearts! Blessings to all from the Ridge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    :stars: They make me wanna pick them up and snuggle them!

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH Becky. They are adorable. Congratulations. :love: I am so glad that it all went off without any trouble.

Are you going to take them to Estes? I would be so happy to help you show them.

Thank you so much for the kind words, really you are just way to sweet. I am just so happy I can be a little moral support for you right now. I will be praying for Clayton and the upcoming surgery. We did say a prayer at church for the family and him. I am meeting with your spiritual leaders and we are doing a big prayer for him on Wednesday night before his surgery.

I an so happy you were there when the babies were born. How long before the next one goes?

4. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Oh my- how cute!
    I love the red one! :love:

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
  6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on the kiddos! How darn cute is that!!!

7. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Dear Lori - I am guessing Willow will be in a week or two. The others should hit around the second to the last week in April and beyond. The weather will be much nicer then. These were delivered during a snow storm. The others were not pleased to be shut out of the barn for so long and were so curious what was going on.

Be sure and thank everyone for lifting Clayton up in prayer. There have been so many prayer chains and you know he wasn't supposed to even make it out of the coma. The day he woke up the doctor told me my husband would be faced with a difficult decision and she and I discussed organ donation (Mike wasn't aware of that.) We are entering our third month since he first had his stroke.

I'm not disappointed in the bucklings. My neighbor who has dairy goats always wishes for girls. My wethers have very nice fleeces. I was just shocked I had a little red buckling! I think hand spinners will love his curls. I'm expecting a huge crop of babies and was happy to hear you had no difficulty finding homes for yours because I know some will have to move on from the Ridge. If they don't I just won't breed more than two next year.

I didn't hear back from Estes if I have a booth and need to sign up to show Hanni and perhaps the little red buckling. If I do I will definitely take you up on your kind offer.

Blessings!
    Here's a picture of Gabby looking in ......she's really curious about the babies.....and another of the boys.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    OMGOSH TOOO CUTE love the curlies congrats

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they are so...cute....and fluffy........awwww..look at the dog... :wink: :greengrin:

10. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    They are so adorable... I love those curls. I was so happy my doe didn't have her kids during the weekend snowstorm. But, she's due Saturday and there are two more potential snow days this week so....

Lori is the best help - I'm so glad she is here and has so much experience and knowledge and that she's so willing to share and help.

I will continue to keep Clayton in my prayers.

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Becky you and Cinder are just to kind! :oops:

I am just so glad we have been able to meet here on the Goat spot. I am so looking forward to meeting the two of you in person some day very soon.

Cinder, did you hear about the goat sale going on in Douglas County this next Saturday? I have been contacted to bring Cashmere goats, so I think I will. I ma going to have to sell more goats then I planned because of health issues, so I will see what I can sell there. I can give you more information on it if you would like. I know there is going to be all goats again, at least that is what I was told. If you want more information either call me or better yet email me and I can send you the link for the information.

Are either of you coming to the Weld County Goat Extravaganza April 24-25? I have extra hotel rooms booked with a big discount if you need one.

Becky, that little red guy, his color is beautiful, at Estes last year that is what everyone was going crazy over last year. If he can keep that color and not loose it he will be a very valuable boy.

12. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I can't go much of anywhere these days. Pretty much homebound with the animals. I was hoping to have Mike's nephew come over this weekend but he ran into a tree skiing today and broke his femor. He's going to be laid up awhile. Always something isn't it. I would have liked to go to the goat sale just to look.

I was so surprised to see the little red one. I knew right away he was a keeper. I was hoping by breeding my light coco buck I might get some silver ones with that red in them. My buck has a red tail and legs. Anxious to see what other colors I get. With 7 more to go anything is possible isn't it!

Blessings...and thanks again!

13. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Oh MAN! I was not expecting angoras when I opened this thread!

Now I've just spent about 15 min just lookin at those first few pics, they are gorgeous.

Colour is a no no here with my angoras. But he is very cute.

We sometimes have a thing called a 'golden kid' occur here - they are born to white parents, and are that same colour, but by the time they turn their kid coat into true mohair they have turned white.

14. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I'm breeding for the color so I'm just thrilled. I'm marketing to hand spinners and not the large markets. Sometimes I think I'm crazy. My neighbor shears his sheep and sells it all at once to one market. That's a lot less work. Guess I'm a gluten for punishment.

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations! Those babies are just adorable with those curls! They look so soft!

16. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Keren, Here in the States the colored Angora goats are so sought after here. People breed for color.
    I thought for years that they only came in white, but man those silver and red are beautiful.