The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,192 Posts
Yes..with medicated feed, you would need to be sure each goat is getting appropriate portion to insure they get the dose they need. This almost never happens. Producers get a false sense of security in feeding it and well, there goes the ball rolling. It is always best to direct dose each goat to be sure needs are addressed.

·
Registered
884 Posts
im trying medicated feed this year. one of the breeders I purchased a few doelings from told me they are using it this year(its the one that only slows the coccidian down, I believe it kills at a certain stage of the cycle). My kids get the min dose daily, so far I have had to toltrazuril 5 kids out of 10 and I have been using it two months. before I had to dose every 21 days. it seems to be the same kids that need the toltrazuril. so we shall see. being worried about my horse or other creatures getting the food will likely have me not try it again next year.

at first the kids didn't like it so it took awhile for them to eat the proper amount. I can update if interested in the next few months on how it worked out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts