The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a huge list of medications, etc that I intend to order to put into my "goat vet box". I am hoping that I am getting the right stuff, and to be sure, I am reaching out to my TGS family for some help. :D If anyone could look over this list and make sure I am ordering the correct stuff, I would really appreciate it!

Valbazen Drench, 500 mL
Universal IV Set
Lactated Ringer's Injection, 1000 mL bag
Feeding Tubes
Vitamin C Injection 250 mg/mL
Vitamin B12 Injection 1000 mcg/mL
CMPK Oral Gel™ (High Potency), 300 mL
Dextrose 50% Injection, 500 mL
Tylan® 50 Injection 50 mg/mL, 100 mL
Excenel® RTU Suspension 50mg/mL, 100 mL
Selenium & Vitamin E Injectable 1 mg/mL, 100 mL
Baytril® Inj 22.7 mg/mL, 20 mL
Nuflor® Injection 300 mg/mL, 100 mL
Oxytocin Injection, 100 mL
Dexamethasone Solution Injection 2mg/mL, 100 mL
Iron Dextran Injection 100 mg/mL, 100 mL
Flunixin Meglumine Injection 50mg/mL, 100 mL (aka Banamine)
Vitamin B Complex Injection(250 mL)
Thiamine Injection 500 mg/mL, 100 mL
Albon® Oral Suspension 5%

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! It is going to hurt the bank a little but I feel it is better to be prepared in case of an emergency :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes I have been stocking up my cabinet ,also got approved through vetserv so I've orders a few things,all exspensive

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is exactly where I have this order ready to be placed...and I agree, some of these things are super expensive but I figure if it keeps my furbabies happy and healthy, that is all that matters.
Oh, and do you by any chance have a recommendation on the feeding tube size for a newborn kid and an adult Nubian? Trying to cover all parameters with this order. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
29,961 Posts
wow..you are going to be stocked well...: ) here is a few thoughts
I would get tylan 200 and not the tylan 50...you would have to give the goat too much to make up the difference..: ) C D Antitoxin, CD&T And tetanus antitoxin, also might consider ordering baycox for cocci instead of the Albon..it works so much better and add a second wormer such as Ivomec or ivomec plus..., a digital thermometer....cant think of anything else right now lol..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts