Medicine cabinet info

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TCOLVIN, Sep 27, 2020.

1. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I was reading the medicine cabinet info and I came across the info on BOSS. It closed with not to feed long term. I have been mixing it in my feed now for at least 3 years now. Should I stop using it? Their coats are shiny but I don’t want to harm them. I have been adding a Vienna sauté can full to 3-1/2 quarts of alfalfa pellets and oats mixed.

CaramelKittey likes this.
  2. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    I’m not sure about long-term use I’ve never heard of any problems - just that it should not be used in large amounts. Too much can be very oily and coat the intestines.

CaramelKittey likes this.

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

How old was the post that said that? I've only heard about feeding it in large quantity.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Corrected!!!!

It is safe long term, but should only be fed in small amounts.

The new medicine cabinet was a lot of work, so if anyone spots something out of whack, let me know.
    If it is a legit complaint, I will change it. If it is a truth I will leave it be, depending on what it is. ;)

I don't know why it was there.
    Thank you for the spotting that.

5. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Please don’t think I was criticizing or looking for something wrong. I use that medicine cabinet as a guide and when I saw that I knew immediately that I was doing something maybe that I wasn’t supposed to be doing. Thanks for clearing it up for me. I feed them a Vienna sausage can full at morning and evening feedings. There is about 11-12 goats that get this amount. To the boys (3) they get about a 1/4 can twice a day.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I want to be notified when something seems off. I am trying to keep things true and correct and sometimes need my goat friends to make us aware.

Thank you, you did nothing wrong and seem to be dong things right. ;)