The Goat Spot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
58,887 Posts
Goats are almost always off label and dosages are always wrong. 1cc per 100lbs is way too little.

Penicillin should actually be 1cc per 20 lbs.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What medication is good for a UTI in a 9 week old buckling?

Sent from my iPad using Goat Forum
S&K Hilltop Farm and Ranch
Registered mini-Nubians and Nigerian Dwarfs

·
Goat Crazy!
6,475 Posts
Banamine: IM or SQ? How Often?

HIho,

I have a ND goatie with possible pneumonia and a fever of 105.2 F. My vet wants me to give her banamine. (I also have some LA200 coming for the infection).

Is banamine given IM or SQ - and do I just give one dose?

Thanks!

·
Registered
30,603 Posts
ok i got tylan 50 it was what i was told to use on pink eye whats the dose on it an is it about the same as la 200
as an eye drop...just one drop a few times a day shouldbe fine..as an injectable antibiotic, tylan 50 has to be dosed at 4 times the dose then Tylan 200.., Tylan 200 is 1 cc per 25 pounds while Tylan 50 is 4 cc per 25#..

La 200 is 1 cc per 20#

·
Registered
30,603 Posts
Yes its the same medication with a different carrier...Biomycin doesnt burn like LA 200...La and biomycin are great for pink eye, chlamydia ect...Tylan 200 is good for Upper resp. infection..

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
For pink eye, you literally just put in in the eye like eye drops. 1-2x a day depending on how much you put in each eye.
With pink eye I just squirt (without a needle) about 1/4cc in each eye once a day until clear.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Yes its the same medication with a different carrier...Biomycin doesnt burn like LA 200...La and biomycin are great for pink eye, chlamydia ect...Tylan 200 is good for Upper resp. infection..
Yes, thank you :) What i meant was , my fault for not wording it right , lol , is would you use the same dose for Biomycin that you would for the LA200 ?
I believe it is 1cc per 20#…..

·
Registered
30,603 Posts
yes, sorry...same dose :p

·
Registered
30,603 Posts
I would start by taking temp..101.5-103.5 is normal range....is the snotty nose yellow or green ? or clear or white?

it would be better to start a thread fro him so he gets the attention he needs...: )

41 - 60 of 103 Posts