Meet Ajax

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by keren, May 26, 2010.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    [​IMG]

Well some of you know but some of you dont that I took a new job, travelled across the country and had to lease/sell all my goaties. Which was quite sad. But I'm enjoying myself. I have just been missing having a furbaby.

Well, I found Ajax and I fell in love. I fell ridiculously hard actually. He comes home in about 5 wks. He is a handraised Moustache Parrot. DNA sexed so he actually is a he lol

I went into the shop today, only the second time I'd seen him, but he remembered me. Climbed straight out of his cage (its an open topped cage at the counter) and hopped across to my arm and up onto my shoulder :D I didnt even ask him to step up.

He is a little naughty, going through that rebellious teenager stage, or toddler tantrum lol so we will have to do some training when he gets home.

He is a funny boy. Normally I am drawn to very bright, large and cuddly parrots. All of which he is not. He is a smaller parrot (should end up about 11 - 12 inches), not all that bright and colourful, and not exactly cuddly (he isnt keen on scratches, just happy to sit on/with you). But he just stole my heart for some reason, I love him to death already.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    aww....he is cute.... :thumb: :greengrin: :love:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe how adorable :love: my bird is sick right now we have had here since she was a couple weeks old so I know how easy it is to get attached to them

4. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Congrats on the "feather baby". Hope he settles in nicely. Are you getting any fur babies?

Gina

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Aww Keren...he is a very pretty birdie! Maybe you can teach him to "Baa" so that when you get your goat buddies back he can help with calling them home!

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    lol liz, apparently they are excellent talkers. This little guy is already saying Hello at such a young age, so he should turn out a good talker. Gina, my friend I am living with has two cats and a puppy and our other friend and housemate has a rat, so the bird will do me for now :) later next year my friend will be moving so I will probably look at a cat or a pup or both then, as for goats I am planning to get two show doe kids around September 2011 ... thats a long term goal because a) I live in the city and need to find agistment and b) I want to import them from the other side of the country and there are all sorts of restrictions.

7. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    How cute!!! I had a Meyers parrot growing up. She was awesome :)

Hope everything works out well for ya and he doesn't cause too much trouble! He sounds like a riot :)