The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since having to sell my nigerian buck Ace, if been searching and traveling and looking at bucks but haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for :( But I did come across e this little guy. After finding an ad for a tri colored polled blue eyed nigerian buck...it sounded like maybe I had found what I was looking for almost except that he's not registered. So I traveled for 2 hours to see him. When I got there it was a long way from what I was expecting. The conditions that the goats were being kept in were terrible. They were being fed corn on the ground and about 8 does and kids being kept in a 12x12 pen . Most people would have turned around immediately and left but I couldn't leave him. I was told he's between 3-4 months old . He was skin ,bones, and fur:( and only weighed about 10 lbs. . Infested with lice and white lids and very lethargic acting with ant bites all over his bellyhisbellyand

·
Super Moderator
58,834 Posts
I bet with care and good nutrition, he will be fine. I wouldn't be able to leave a goat that was in bad conditions either. Can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid $100 dollars for him just to try to save his life. He's soooo sweet:) I dewormed him and treated his lice and got him eating good and on his way to recovery :)

image-3918148331.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks :) I also treated him for coccidia. His lids are turning pink and he has more energy now. Hopefully I can get him 100% healthy and growing. He's still very shy and stays to himself. But he's very friendly and loves to be scratched and rubbed. I'm in love with him already.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What extra can I give him to gain weight? I feed a 16% protein pellet mixed with an all grain feed. But he doesn't have a very big appetite. He barely eats any of it. He doesn't look very skinny in the pics but thats mostly fur. Underneath the fur he is just bones. I've had him for a couple weeks and he has gained a little weight but not much because he doesn't eat much. He doesn't touch the hay either although he does like to eat the grass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts