Meet Brigitte

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by TexasRanger, Jul 6, 2010.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
  2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    def not a pygmy.

she looks like a silky to me.. soo much hair :)

3. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
  4. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I have twin 6-month old Mini Silky X Fainter doelings and Brigitte looks very similiar to them. Whatever she is, she's very pretty! Congrats!

Deb Mc

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats ...she is nice.... :thumb: :wink:

6. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    :drool: She is so pretty. Def not a pygmy. I wish Mischief looked like that. :p

7. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    You should do a french braid or dread's on her hairdo :D

8. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Fiber people, help me! I'm in the land of burs! :help: What kind of brush should I get for her? I've never experienced a goat with long hair before. It's torture getting the burs out of Snicker's coat, how the heck I'm I supposed to get them out of the shag goat?
    Polarhug, whenever you get the urge, please, come and braid.

9. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Did I mention, she MIGHT be preg! There where two pygmy bucks living with her.

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Not sure on a type of brush. You might want to give her a bath and put some conditioner in her hair while she's wet and brush the burs out...works good for horse manes and tails so I would expect it would work pretty well with a long haired goat. ;)

She is really cute! Not a pygmy...maybe silky or silky/fainter cross. Or maybe even a combination of several breeds. But the long hair sure makes her look like a silky! Congrats!

11. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    She is a fainter.... looks to be pure. Does she faint?

12. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Nope, no fainting. There was a fainter in the pen with her, he didn't completely faint though, he just dragged his leg along for awhile after he saw us. At first I thought he was hurt, until he went back to walking normal.

13. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
  14. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Is she tame? A lot of my "social" fainters rarely faint because they are not easily surprised. :) She looks pure to me.... I use some Cowboy Magic and a slicker brush to get all of mine brushed out. :)

15. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Do you know of any Silky breeders near San Antonio, TX? I love her temperment, she's still shy, but she's getting used to me quicker then any of my other goats did. Someday I might like to get one from a breeder, this will be a few years away though.

16. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    yes, there are 2 mini silky breeders in TX. Randolph's mini hoof farm www.minigoats.com and 7F Ranch... I believe her website is www.freewebs.com/7Franch Randolphs only breeds silkies.... 7F Ranch breeds silkies and fainters.