Meet Darcy! She's here!!!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Here is our new little Lamancha doeling Darcy. I wasn't planning to add any new goats but I was working on a trade and they offered me Darcy for services. So I couldn't say no once I'd seen this face. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She's a bottle baby and still on the bottle so she's adjusting pretty good. She was born in mid July. I'm working on getting her papers. Its a work-in-progress since her breeder didn't normally keep up with papers. Since the people I got her from are working with her she has registered many of her goats and she's just sent Darcy's dam's papers in. So wish me luck! :D

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Look at those little ears!!!! omg soooooo Cute! :love:

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I know!!! Aren't they the funniest ears you've ever seen??? She's got a good bit of Nubian in her too. I think that's where the flopping down like that comes from. I don't know, but whatever it is its cute!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    awwwwwwww..........now ..........she is cute............... :shades: :)

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awwwww....She has really cute ears to match her sweet face! Congrats on getting her.

6. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Adorable!! now I want Manchies even more! She sure looks like a keeper!

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

steal..

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Very good looking doe! And what a cute face! Congrats!

9. Candy

Candy New Member

She's a keeper! Just a beauty :love:
    Candy :sun:

10. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    She is just too cute...lucky...

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thanks everyone! She's a little timid but still my shadow wherever I go. She wasn't shy about the bottle though! Haha! She's settling in good. I stalled her with Birdie last night. Have been running errands all morning so I haven't gone down to feed yet. Boy its cold this morning!!!

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Congrats!! She is so very cute!! Love the ears and the cute face! :love:

13. Aww what a little darling, I couldn't have said no to that face either!

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Oh....... you know what I just realized?????? Those are her horns and they're turned down! Hahahaha :ROFL: Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Haha She does actually have horns. They've been slowly burning them off a little each week. I'm thinking of just banding them. Would be probably quicker than doing it each week.

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    :ROFL: :slapfloor: :ROFL: :slapfloor: Well she's still cute!

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What a cutie - congrats on her! I would just go ahead and band them. With her so young, and the horns so small, it probobly would be alot easier!

17. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yeah that's what we think too. I've banded a doeling close to her age before and they came off fast. So I think that is the best thing. And fly season is over too.

18. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Congrats on getting Darcy! :stars: Oh those ears are just too cute!!!

You know I thought about banding a horn on a young doe I have... she is 6 months old and although she was disbudded, only one came off and the other continued to grow. I tried to reburn but it still kept growing until it was too wide for my burner. So now she looks like a young Unicorn. :roll:
    Could you walk me through the horn banding procedure, if you wouldn't mind. I would love to give this a try on her seeing this is the best time to do it with the cooler temps and no flys. She is still young and although her horn base is wide the horn itself is only like 1 to 2 inches high.
    Any help would be appreciated!!! I could open a new thread as to not steal yours or send me an email expaining what to do maybe... :thumbup:

19. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
  20. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I got it... Thanks!!! :)