The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night when I went in to feed, I did not see her Buck. I did not think much about it because they love to hide under the hay feeder. I did see one baby and that is all I though about. Well, as I was just petting the goats, and giving some love, One of the year old goats jumped on the water tank, and knocked a brick into the tank. ( I have a piece of plywood on it so they do not poop in it as much, and the brick just keeps it from moving), well as I reached in the tank to get the brick out, her buck floated up. :tear: :mecry: :GAAH: He must of jumped on the wood and fell in. I had a really strong piece of wood on the tank but my daughter filled the tanks up and put a thinner piece of wood on it. Now she wants to sell all the animals because she said that was another animal that she killed. (she started the truck on Monday and a cat was in the engine). Plus we have never lost a baby in all there years, and this little angel makes three.
I am just sick about this. He was a real angel :angel: . He was beautiful. Also, now I have to try to get the courage and tell the lady that was taking him. She bought the mom, and I told her she could have the baby if it was a boy. She was so excited about him and all the goats she is purchasing. My daughter as the two of us were crying like babies, she tried to say that he was just to perfect to be here on earth.

Wish me luck, I have to call Liz now.

WE have not named them because the buck is already going to a home and the will be doing the honors, and the doe, well we might or might not keep her.

Here they are, cute as ever. (Ok, I might be a little bias)

Here is her Doe

Here is the Buck

Look at this. Both of them

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. They are so sweet. Mom is a great mom, I went in to the pen to iodine there bellies, and so on, and WOW, mom went off on me. I do not blame her at all, she is VERY protective, and I would rather her be that way then not at all.

Well we are in for a storm, and I guess it is going to be a pretty good one. I am glad that she already kidded. I have one more that is ready anytime also.
Di have your cashmere blowing their fleece yet? I have several goats that have lost their entire winter coat (Cashmere), and I hate it because we are still in the dead of winter here.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Liz, believe it or not they were dry in that picture. They are still really curley. Their hair is still a little stiff. They are going bonkers all over the place.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone one.
I have a question for you. How long will Diva yell for him? This happened on Wednesday night and she is still yelling and looking for him. :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts