Meet Diva's babies.(SAD ENDING)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sweetgoats, Feb 10, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Last night when I went in to feed, I did not see her Buck. I did not think much about it because they love to hide under the hay feeder. I did see one baby and that is all I though about. Well, as I was just petting the goats, and giving some love, One of the year old goats jumped on the water tank, and knocked a brick into the tank. ( I have a piece of plywood on it so they do not poop in it as much, and the brick just keeps it from moving), well as I reached in the tank to get the brick out, her buck floated up. :tear: :mecry: :GAAH: He must of jumped on the wood and fell in. I had a really strong piece of wood on the tank but my daughter filled the tanks up and put a thinner piece of wood on it. Now she wants to sell all the animals because she said that was another animal that she killed. (she started the truck on Monday and a cat was in the engine). Plus we have never lost a baby in all there years, and this little angel makes three.
    I am just sick about this. He was a real angel :angel: . He was beautiful. Also, now I have to try to get the courage and tell the lady that was taking him. She bought the mom, and I told her she could have the baby if it was a boy. She was so excited about him and all the goats she is purchasing. My daughter as the two of us were crying like babies, she tried to say that he was just to perfect to be here on earth.

Wish me luck, I have to call Liz now.

WE have not named them because the buck is already going to a home and the will be doing the honors, and the doe, well we might or might not keep her.

Here they are, cute as ever. (Ok, I might be a little bias)

Here is her Doe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the Buck

[​IMG]

Look at this. Both of them

[​IMG]

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Awwwwwwwwww!!! Love the curly hair! Beautiful babies! Congratulations!!!

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh they are just precious!! I love their hair! :D Congrats! :stars:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    whenever you show us pictures I can't get over all that curly hair!!!

Yup, yup cute as a button

(wait, whoever said a button was cute? hmmm )

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    They're adorable!! Love the curls!!

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh Lori, they are so sweet! I can't wait! It's only about 10* today, no wind to speak of though, but, the Cashmeres are out jumping around acting like kids! Mine aren't due till late March (got a slow start this year :roll:).

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thanks everyone. They are so sweet. Mom is a great mom, I went in to the pen to iodine there bellies, and so on, and WOW, mom went off on me. I do not blame her at all, she is VERY protective, and I would rather her be that way then not at all.

Well we are in for a storm, and I guess it is going to be a pretty good one. I am glad that she already kidded. I have one more that is ready anytime also.
    Di have your cashmere blowing their fleece yet? I have several goats that have lost their entire winter coat (Cashmere), and I hate it because we are still in the dead of winter here.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    AWWW, Curly little things they are! I bet they are just even more adorable when they are all fluffy and dry. CONGRATULATIONS!!

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Liz, believe it or not they were dry in that picture. They are still really curley. Their hair is still a little stiff. They are going bonkers all over the place.

Attached Files:

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    ohmy

They are to darn cute!!!! I love the hair!!! Give lots of kisses for us!!!

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh my!! They are sooooo cute! I love the curly locks!

12. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Aww! So cute! Love the hair and the color! Congrats on the beautiful babies!!! :D

13. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Oh Lori..that is so sad! :cry: :tears: :mecry: I am so sorry! HUGS! :grouphug: :hug: :hugs:

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so sorry to hear about your buckling - that is so sad. I hope that your daughter can understand that it really is not her fault. I don't even have anything over my water troff.

Take care, and I wish you both the best - :grouphug:

15. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I am so sorry Lori. :cry:

16. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh Lori I'm so sorry to hear that!! :( *HUGS** :grouphug:

17. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Oh Lori that's so sad :mecry: .I'm so sorry.I know how your daughter must feel but she can't blame herself.

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Oh no! That's terrible!!! You poor things!!! :grouphug:

19. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh I am so sorry!! :grouphug: :cry:

20. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thanks everyone one.
    I have a question for you. How long will Diva yell for him? This happened on Wednesday night and she is still yelling and looking for him. :(