The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 8 and a half LONG months crossing my fingers I would end up with a heifer calf my $100 exposed jersey didn't disappoint and had little Fawn Dawn.
Odd name I know but funny story lol so my mom, mine and my daughters middle name is Dawn. My daughter and I talk about it a lot and she says she will make sure to keep that going. So we pull little Fawn Dawn out, keep in mind we raise black angus and always keep a jersey around for a nurse cow, so we always pretty much have black calf's. So when I pulled her out my son says she looks just like a Fawn. I said that's a good name. My daughter said yes! Let's name her Fawn Dawn lol anyways here is the cutest little thing ever that I am over the moon about
Vertebrate Working animal Mammal Grass Fawn
Working animal Animal feed Fawn Terrestrial animal Grass

Her little front ankles are knuckling over so she can't stand just yet but when she does I'll have a ton more pictures lol

·
Registered
31,401 Posts
Awe love her name..shes a doll!..congratulations

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What a sweetie!
What's Fawn Dawn's mom's name?
Oh no you asked it lol ok so most names around here has a reason behind it. Moms name is swiper. I got her SUPER cheap because she hurt her ankle and doesn't walk 100% right. It really doesn't bother her, no suffering or anything she's just pretty interesting to watch walk.
But I have to say that cake in very handy tonight because I have a bottle baby bull calf and if I'm going to bottle feed something I want a heifer that I can keep. So Beavis (bull calf) went down to Swiper and I got him latched on. Swiper is NOT thrilled about it but her attempts at kicking isn't much so it worked out perfect. I tried to get Fawn to latch on while holding her but she wants the bottle instead. So I'll keep all 3 together, bottle feed Fawn and let Beavis nurse Swiper. Swiper loves Fawn so much I don't have the heart to take her away anyways

1 - 17 of 17 Posts