The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per my earlier question of "Is She Is or Is She Ain't", the answer is, "She WAS!" Molly delivered twins last night, a boy and a girl. Since we had expected them to be born next week, we'd already selected the names Holly and Jolly, so here they are!

Holly

Jolly

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I haven't weighed them yet.

Their appearance is all from daddy, as mom is a Nubian, black with white markings. She may have contributed the ears, as they appear to have the Nubian forward curl at the tips rather than the Boer's straighter tips.

Jolly may have overdosed on milk yesterday, as his poop was watery yellow. I gave him a little Pepto Bismol and a little bit of electrolytes. I hope not to have to separate him from mom and cause her stress. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for all the compliments!

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He appears to be doing better today. Poop is now more like lumps of chocolate pudding. Wife and I just spent an hour cleaning butts. Everybody seems happier now, including Molly. Guess she wasn't thrilled with the prospect of having to clean baby butts either.

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Holly seems to have some discomfort with her right front knee. She has a slight limp, and the joint appears swollen. It's visible in this photo:

Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
85,684 Posts
Give a Bo-se shot 1/4 to 1/2cc it may help straighten the legs issue.

As to the limping:
Did the limping just happen? The kid may of gotten stepped on.

Joint ill/ naval ill comes to mind but awfully young, could be wrong
http://www.thegoatspot.net/forum/f186/joint-ill-142908/

I recommend taking the kid to a vet just in case, the quicker you find out for sure, the better outcome. :(

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The babies seem to be fine, but a little slow in development. They're 3 days old today and have just started to bounce and kick a little bit.

Today was their first venture out of the pen into the big bad world of the back yard, and Molly was very nervous about it. The kids had a grand time exploring and bugging mom.

Holly and Jolly inspected their first leaf, and they didn't even try to eat it.

Mom keeps a watchful eye on the kids.

Granny gets into the act.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts