Meet my tiny herd!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Feira426, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Feira426

Feira426 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Texas
    We’ve been having unusually gorgeous weather here this November, so I went out yesterday to try to get some nice pictures of my goats. What do you all think?

Hasi, the queen. She’s an Alpine mix with some Kiko on her mom’s side. Got her as a bottle baby to try to graft her onto my first doe, May, who was acting pretty depressed after her single buckling kid was born dead. That was before we knew much about goats - of course May wanted nothing to do with this foreign baby, so we ended up raising her ourselves. She can be a bit of a jerk sometimes, but she’s usually very affectionate and she milks almost a gallon a day.
    View attachment 191751
    ——

The twins, Suki and Mika. May’s doeling kids from last year’s kidding. I love their long dangling ears! They’re sixth gen Mini Nubians.
    View attachment 191761 ——

Our buckling, Murphy. A first gen Mini Nubian with great milk lines and the friendliest, gentlest personality. Planning to breed both Suki and Mika to him for spring kids.
    View attachment 191755
    View attachment 191753
    ——

Me trying to get better pictures of Suki and Mika but getting harassed by Murphy wanting attention. Lol. Excuse the weird face! I was rather caught off guard by the kiss.
    View attachment 191757
    ——

Finally got a better picture of Suki’s pretty floppy-eared face. :)
    View attachment 191759

2. Feira426

Dec 11, 2019
    Texas
    Hmm. I tried to embed my pictures in the actual post like I’ve done before, but on my screen it looks like they came up as attached links. Oh well.

3. KST Goat Farm

KST Goat Farm Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2019
    NE Colorado
    Those are very nice goats.

4. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. The twins are quite striking.

5. AlabamaGirl

AlabamaGirl Active Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Southeast
    Suki and Mika are real pretty!

6. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Beautiful goats!

So, is May the one on the left in the background of Murphy’s second picture?

Feira426 and Moers kiko boars like this.
  7. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    All of them are just gorgeouse. Its going to be fun to see.if you get those ears on your kidds. So cute!

Feira426 and MadHouse like this.
  8. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I love them all. What a sweet herd.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    They're all beautiful! LOVE the minis! We're breeding mini Lamanchas. F2s coming this spring!

And I LOVE the fact that your bucks' aprons keep their faces from being gross. Our boys are so wet and sticky and disgusting that none of us want to handle them!

11. So adorable! Beautiful herd!

12. Feira426

Dec 11, 2019
    Texas
    We actually sold May this year. When I bought her several years ago now, I bought her buck companion, Kombucha, along with her. They were my first goats and they LOVED each other. Lol. Kombucha especially loved May. Followed her everywhere, all the time. Always rubbing his nose lovingly on her butt. Haha. They played together. It was adorable.

But when we decided to keep the twins we had to sell Kombucha. I can only keep five goats so it really forces me to be selective, plus I hadn’t built my goat yard yet and had no way to separate them except in a stall (hadn’t discovered aprons yet either).

So I sold Kombucha to a nice lady who took great care of him, and when she was ready to move him on, I decided to let May go with him. Kombucha never really bonded with the other lady’s does like he did with May, and we think he was really missing her, so it seemed like the best thing to do.

And let me tell you, that silly buck was SO excited to see his favorite doe again. It was so sweet. Hard to let my first doe go, and if I could keep more goats I don’t think I’d have done it. I’d have kept both of them here, lol.

But instead I have their daughters, and at least I know they are together and doing well. :)

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  13. Caileigh Jane Smith

Caileigh Jane Smith Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Missouri, USA
    I love the dark colored ears on your twins! So striking!

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  14. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

That is a sweet story about May and Kombucha! So nice they are together again!

Moers kiko boars likes this.