Meet Pipe Down

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sunrise, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Idaho
    Ok so there are a few pics of my new buck. Let me know what you think!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    He looks good. He seems to be moderately wide. He should do well in the show ring or breeding other boer does for great looking animals!!! :cool:

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Very handsome guy! Very nice head and horn set, and seems to be pretty big boned and quite a bit of muscle and a clean chest. I would like to see him a bit longer bodied and wider in the chest, but you could probably set his legs wider too. I know it's hard to get them to cooperate! And he's still got growing to do as well. Overall he looks nice.

4. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Idaho
    Thanks! He is 7 months old. Is there a chance he will get longer? How much will he grow in one year? His sire and dam are long if that helps. Man I've got so much to learn! Thanks for all your help!

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    It very well could just be the picture that's making him not look very long. And the fact that his rear legs aren't set out a bit. My buck grew a ton from about 8 months to a year, and they keep growing even after a year.

6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Pipe Down huh? Must be related to the buck Tim was bred to- his name was Shut Up (actually Vindicator but usually called Shut Up.)
    He's a nice thick little chunk- how old?

Just saw the 7 mos thing- he's a good hefty boy for that age. He will grow a lot more for you too.
    I agree with the picture thing- he's standing all scrunched up and it is impossible to tell how long he really is. He certainly has mass.