The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Very handsome guy! Very nice head and horn set, and seems to be pretty big boned and quite a bit of muscle and a clean chest. I would like to see him a bit longer bodied and wider in the chest, but you could probably set his legs wider too. I know it's hard to get them to cooperate! And he's still got growing to do as well. Overall he looks nice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! He is 7 months old. Is there a chance he will get longer? How much will he grow in one year? His sire and dam are long if that helps. Man I've got so much to learn! Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
It very well could just be the picture that's making him not look very long. And the fact that his rear legs aren't set out a bit. My buck grew a ton from about 8 months to a year, and they keep growing even after a year.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Pipe Down huh? Must be related to the buck Tim was bred to- his name was Shut Up (actually Vindicator but usually called Shut Up.)
He's a nice thick little chunk- how old?

Just saw the 7 mos thing- he's a good hefty boy for that age. He will grow a lot more for you too.
I agree with the picture thing- he's standing all scrunched up and it is impossible to tell how long he really is. He certainly has mass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts