The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd take the time to introduce our family. We'd love to hear comments.

First up is "Ma Bell" she is a 5 year old 97.5% registered Boer. Ma truly lives up to get name, she's the best mom you could ever hope to own. She has several enoblements, and a doe of excellence in her pedigree. She passes great size to get offspring, and is our #1 breeder here at the farm.

Ma Bell

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
squirt

Next up is Squirt, she is our only traditional colored boer that we have in our breeder program. She was our first registered goat when we decided we wanted to make the change to breeding just registered animals squirt was our first purchase.
She is 2 years old, and registered at 100% squirt can be registered either usbga, or abga so she can be a versatile breeder. She produced her first kids for us this past January a beautiful set of traditional twins. For what ever reason her kids were the first to sell this year, so apparently they had appeal.
This is Squirt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oreo

Next up is Oreo. She is the newest member of our family, she was sold to us exposed, a few months after we bought her she surprised us with 2 of the best looking Bucklings I've ever seen. One of those Bucklings will be my new herd sire as soon as he comes off age.
Oreo always passes color to her offspring. She's a beautiful girl and a great mom.
Here is Oreo

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Becka

Next up is Becka. Becka was born last November, so we won't breed her until next July. We don't do summer babies and she's too young yet for this season. But we have high hopes for her. I think she will go very good with one of Oreo's boys that I was just talking about. You'll meet them later in the thread.

Becka

Not sure why this one isn't posting the video. Just follow the link.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dazzle

Dazzle is Becks's 1/2 sister. She was also born last November, and will be breeding for us next summer.
Just look at all those spots, we're very excited to see what kind off kids she produces, but for now she's just a very lovable pet. She lives attention, and human affection. Just a very good goat.

This is Dazzle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Baby Bell

My personal favorite this is Baby Bell. You guessed it, she is the daughter of Ma Bell. She was our new years baby born January 1, 2013. She's huge for her age and an absolute attention hound. She demands love and affection which makes her my favorite. Also known as gorgeous she's a perfect red boer in every way. Like Becka, and Dazzle she'll join our breeding program next summer, and if she proves to be anything like her mom we'll have a great breeder in her.

Baby Bell/Gorgeous

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Beautiful goats!! I think Baby Bell is so cute :love: We love paints over here, too.

Do you have a buck?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little Britches

Can you guess how Little Britches got her name? She's 5 months old, and very loving. With several enoblements in her pedigree, and obviously beautifully colored she will be a very welcome member of our breeding program next summer (wow we got a lot of "next summer goats lol)

Here's Little Britches

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brandywine

Brandywine is Little Britches 1/2 sister. She's hasn't completely come around like britches had so she's still a little skittish with people, but she's getting there. Again with awesome colors, and several enoblements in her pedigree she'll be a welcome part of our future breeding group.

Brandywine

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oreo's boys

Ok here's the boys you heard so much about earlier. They are awesome, and one will definitely be our new herd sire as soon as they come of age. Their bloodlines are outrageous with 5 of 6 of their grandparents on their daddy's side coming out of Max Boer Goats. These boys are really something special. For more info on them see my other thread over in the birthing announcements forum.

The boys

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
stormy

Shhh don't tell her she's not a Boer lol.
Stormy was a slaughter house rescue. My wife fell in love with her the first time she saw her, so I secretly rescued her, had her delivered to a buddy's house, and stormy was a Christmas present for my wife that year.
We breed her with our other goats, and just sell her kids as pets. She's a little diva, and believe it or not the queen bee of the herd.

Stormy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thunder, and Lightning

Thunder, and Lightning are Stormy's boys from this year. Both wethers they are currently for sell as pets. Daddy was Big B 100% Boer, and mommy is stormy our little pygmy queen.

Thunder

Lightning

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Huckleberry

Next up is Huckleberry, he is Baby Bell's twin brother also born 1/1/13 normally he would have been sold. But right as he was reaching weaning age we got rid of Big B our former herd sire. My wife was very upset that B was leaving so I told her she could keep one of his boys. She chose Huck, and he's been part of the family ever since. He's one of 2 wethers we keep as our family pets.

This is Huckleberry

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bill

Last but not least it's my buddy Bill. He's the most attention seeking goat in the bunch. Actually has his head in my lap as I'm typing this. He was supposed to be a Billy, I bought him at the stock yard as a baby, but apparently his testes never dropped. He has the sack, but it's empty. But none the less Bill is my best friend and I love him to death. He's as friendly as they come.

My buddy Bill

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well that's it for now. I hope you enjoyed getting to know our little family. I'm sure it will be growing in the near future.
Thanks for taking the time to look

David Reed
Big B's Boers
Winchester, VA

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Oh yes, the adorable bucklings! I LOVE the one with more white on it :) Lol good luck choosing which one to keep!

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
Very nice! Thank you for sharing all the videos!

And good luck choosing which one of those cute little bucks to keep!

Everyone looks adorable! =)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts