Meet Tuscany

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by sweetgoats, Aug 17, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    we received a call from my sister that a lady had to get rid of a horse. It was a nasty divorce and she could not afford to feed all the horses. So we called her and went and saw the horse a week ago.

We went and feel in love with her. She wanted $1,200.00 for her but she heard how we have rescued one of the other horses we have and how my daughter is a Rangerette, (all girls drill team). So she decided to just give her to us. So we went Saturday and picked up our new horse. we really got her for my husband and she has really fallen for him. If I try to go catch her she will run, but if he goes she will look at him for a few then wait for him to come to her and she is fine.

On Sunday it was adorable, my DH was like "I have to go pet MY horse. So he looked like a 5 year old out getting his new horse.

Well here is is. Meet Tuscany. We do not normally keep halters on but we want to be able to catch her and when she is use to us it will come right off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Congrats!! She is very pretty! And you can't beat that price!!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what a beautiful horse. What breed?

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    She's really pretty!! :love: Congrats!! :stars: :dance:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What a beautiful girl!!!!

I had to do the same thing with the halters when I brought Vernie home. I knew it was time to take it off - when SHE took it off 3 or 4 times in a row and "hid" it from me. After that, I just take out the rope halter and a could treats and I have no problem :thumb:

Way to go - she looks like a sweetheart!

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thanks she is Arabian and they said Quarter Horse but I think she is Appaloosa.

7. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    She is just totally beautiful!! Love her head and expression, she looks sweet. :love: Congrats! :stars:

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very beautiful ... :love: :greengrin:

9. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I love those breeds. :) No wonder she is so pretty!

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    We cant wait to get her all cleaned up. She is really really dirty. You can not tell by the dark picture but she is white and really dirty. She will be getting a bath very soon.