Meg Kidded! Pics added pg4!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Here are Faith and Meg on day 145. Both still have ligaments and are doing great. Funny how these two gave me the biggest fuss about clipping their udders than the last 4!

Faith...
    [​IMG]
    Doesn't she look deflated? Ha!

Meg (Lamancha bred with Mini-Manchas FF)...
    [​IMG]
    I think she is looking great already!

So for those of you out there who raise Lamancha and other standard breeds, what day do they normally kid on? I'm use to Nigerian Dwarf day numbers which are usually 147-148 here, but can be as early as 144 or as late as Fuchsia this year at 151.

2. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Re: Faith & Meg Day 145

Idk about other breeders, my girls have been 142-147. Gracie was 145, last year 142, 145, 144 and 147. Year before 145, 146, 147, 144.

My girls were great about clipping udders, not so sure the FF knew what I was doing as they arched up the entire time - but were well behaved.

Fanci's udder is coming in - not yet tight. Gracie's udder got tight last night and she delivered today.

Can't wait to see those babies!!!

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Meg always squats good for me when I handle her udder so I think she'll be a great milker. Faith is a great milker, they just neither one were up for clipping this AM. Meg has a bad leg, which you can see in her picture, because of it, she has a harder time bearing all her weight on it. So she didn't spread out as easily for clipping. Faith is a good doe but can be ornary about the simpliest things. Guess she's having a moody day and wasn't too keen on me messing with her udder. :p

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

can't wait to see the kids..... :wink: :greengrin:

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

I was told by Longvu, the farm we bought Ghost from, that they tend to go early.

And Ghost's kid weighed 9 lbs so don't expect them to be small like Nigerians.

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Yeah I expected her kids to be a good bit bigger but hopefully not too huge. I have never had purebred standard kids born here but I have had Mini-Oberhaslis and they were double the size of my Nigerians. F2s and their dams weren't dramatically larger either! I hope we have twins or even triplets. She's not big though. I don't know yet what I'll do if we do get some nice doelings. Its going to be hard to not keep one if it has the right ears!!!

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Day 146

No change in the girls. Looking good and the ligaments are still there. Not really softened a whole lot. Full moon is Tuesday which is day 148 for them and its suppose to rain all week. So that sounds about right.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Faith & Meg Day 146

He he....we could be doing a posting race this week Ashley! :ROFL:

Meg looks great....is she bred with a nigi or a munchi?

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I know! Race to the finish, see who kids first!

Meg is bred to one of the Nigerian Dwarf bucks I use to own and is now owned by runaround. His name is Kids Corral PT Cruiser. So polled and/or moonspotted babies are possible. Minuet's triplets by him this year do look polled, at least 2 of the 3. I sure hope its all 3!!! So F1 Mini-Manchas are coming!!!! :D

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Are you hoping for a certain type of "ear" with these babies? And I remember Cruiser...handsome boy!

11. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Yeah, I think I might use him on my Mancha next year depending on how yours turn out. Zorro didn't give me blue eye's on moonspots on Ghost's kid. :sigh:

Polled mini manchas would be so cool! :thumb:

12. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts

I believe F1 mini- Manchas always have elf ears. ( which are my personal favorite.)

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Depends on the ears, I want gopher or elf. I don't want earred.

Today is day 147 for the girls, neither one is looking ready. So still waiting...

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Re: Faith & Meg Day 147, still waiting....

Here they are on 147, today 3-9-09.

Meg's udder looks bigger. I was busy in the barn and turned around and that udder immediately caught my eye through the cattle panel. Shocked me! Its not like dramatically larger but its definitely swollen up!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She's quite miserable.

Faith is handling it much better, but she's been through this twice before. Udder is slowly getting bigger. Ligaments are softer on both but still there. I think Meg's feel closer to going than Faiths.
    [​IMG]

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

I think Meg looks closer too. Now, could you please share some of that sun and warmth?!?! It's 30F and snowing here. :GAAH:

16. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Its 81 today here. Really warm!

17. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

:GAAH: :angry: :angry: :angry: :GAAH:

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I LOVE it! I hate cold weather and have been looking forward to spring. 81 is above average by about 20 degrees for this time of year but it sure beats 30s and 40s for daytime highs and teens and 20s for nighttime. Unfortunately its suppose to be back in the 40s by the weekend. :sigh:

19. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Yeah, it was 60F and beautiful the other day here. I REALLY hate the cold. So don't the goats. Wouldn't come out of the stalls for much of anything today.

20. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Yeah that's how ours are too. Its been in the 70s a lot lately. Todays just extra warm. Think its suppose to be in the 60s all week until the weekend when it drops to 49 and lower. I hope it doesn't stay that way long. Everyone and everything is liable to get sick from the sudden changes.