Meg Kidded! Pics added pg4!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Mar 7, 2009.

1. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Re: Faith & Meg Day 147, still waiting....

I hear that LaManchas come early a lot. Mine so far haven't kidded directly on their due date, it's been about 2 days before. I hear that it is quite likely to have 1st gen mini manchas with ears. And you can also have some without. Now, I dont know what the chanes are of breeding a 1st gen mini mancha with ears to a mini mancha with gopher ears and getting kids with gopher ears are. All of my LaManchas have gopher ears. I acctually prefer the gopher ears over the elf ears-but that is just my preference. I am going to have to close my eyes and let some doelings go by this next year-since I have 4 doelings born so far with 3 more does to kid.

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Re: Faith & Meg Day 147, still waiting....

I like gopher the most too. I have Darcy who has weird ears and its just a hoot to look at her. :p I feel like a crossing with her could easily produce earred kids. Whereas Meg and Birdie would have better chances of earless kids.

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Day 148

Today is day 148 and Meg has no ligaments! Udder has gotten even bigger and she's none too happy about being kept in the stall. Looks like babies today or tonight!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Re: Meg Day 148, No Ligaments!!!

:cool:

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I'm thinking she'll get mushier yet. Just like a repeat of Fuchsia so far. Going mush around 11-12 midday and kidding in the evening. I'll go down after lunch and see how she feels then. She's not stressing much, not happy about being in the stall but she's pretty relaxed and easy-going right now.

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I let Meg out. She was not happy about the stall so I made up a very large grocery bag of towels, snot sucker and iodine dip. I'll carry them to the stall if need be. At least for now she's been pacing between two shady spots. One is just under our den windows and the other is under the storage building. Its about 5' off the ground and since its so warm today the goats are all hanging out in these two places.

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

That udder continues to get bigger. Here she is from 3PM...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Taking shape isn't it? She's restless and all over. Still waiting. She still has no ligaments but doesn't have that complete mush feeling about her yet. I think she'll have a single but I'm hoping like crazy for twins! I'd love some doelings this year!!!

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

I think a single :girl: !

Her udder sure is filling up!

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

tiny teats but wow nice big udder (teat size will develope as she is milked)

Looking really nice!

10. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Udder looking nice! I am guessing :girl: single.

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Faith is still going strong. Ligs have finally started to disappear but she's in no rush at all. Her udder still has a long way to go. She doesn't seem as big as last year so I'm going to guess either large twins or triplets for Faith. Hope they're all girls and if not all then most of them. :p

Meg is definitely hanging out by herself today. Finding spots away from the others, up and down a lot. Haven't really noticed contractions but then again I haven't been watching her faithfully either. Hope its not a nighttime kidding! Maybe I can eat dinner at least before she goes.

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Those Manchas are sneaky. Ghost was so casual about her labor. It was funny. Not at all like my ND's.

13. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts

:girl: :girl: :girl: :leap:

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Well Meg was not happy about me leaving her this evening which is highly unusual. She started obvious contractions around 8PM when Idol came on. Been watching them get stronger and closer together since. I think we're getting close!!!! Piccies when they're here! Hope for an easy kidding!!

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Re: Meg's in labor! Contractions!!!!

:pray: Lets go girl!!!

16. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Sweet! Can't wait to see her babies!! Hoping for an easy kidding!

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

how is it going?

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Pushing when she has contractions, there's just gaps so its not happening very fast. I may go down and sit with her. Hope it happens soon. I'm tired.

19. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Is she in full push? how long has she been doing that?

20. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I just helped a lady delivery 2 kids and her doe never went into full active labor. Just minor pushes all day. Finaly I told her to go in and check for a kid. She got 4 fingers in and she felt a kid right there! he was a tad stuck but she got him out. I would be concerned if she has been pushing for more then a couple hours