The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it's already time to start my kidding thread. Time has flown! 😄

This will be my second kidding season as well as both of my does' second freshening. First up is Bella, she's all dried up now and her due date is January 18th. Only two months to go! 😲😁
Working animal Terrestrial animal Snout Landscape Livestock
Plant Dog breed Tree Wood Fawn
Plant Working animal Ratite Fawn Grass
Carnivore Mammal Dog breed Tasmanian devil Beak

I feel like she is bigger this year than she was last year. I'm betting three for her this time instead of two.

Here's Prim. Here due date is February 4th. She'll be dried up next week.
Wood Goat Fawn Grass Working animal
Bird Beak Wood Twig Fawn
Plant Dog Tree Dog breed Carnivore
Bat Wood Fawn Terrestrial animal Fungus

I'm waiting until she is also three months to go to give my guess for her, but so far I'm thinking only two. Same as last year.

And here is Cullen. He is the buck they are both bred to. These will be his first offspring.
Plant Bull Tree Working animal Fawn

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
2,072 Posts
They all look extremely healthy and happy!! 😍

Bella does look big for three months preggo, Prim looks pretty big too. Looks like they'll both have at least twins, but I won't be surprised if they both had triplets! It will be very exciting to see how Cullen's kids compare to Phantom's.😁

Do you have any plans for retaining kids?

Hope both does have a smooth pregnancy and delivery to healthy kids!😊

·
Registered
*Gotta love ‘em kids!*
1,086 Posts
Oh yay! Was looking forward to your thread! Prim looks like a totally different goat! Is Bella a Nigerian? She doesn’t really look like a Kinder compared to your others. She’s pretty though!

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They all look extremely healthy and happy!! 😍

Bella does look big for three months preggo, Prim looks pretty big too. Looks like they'll both have at least twins, but I won't be surprised if they both had triplets! It will be very exciting to see how Cullen's kids compare to Phantom's.😁

Do you have any plans for retaining kids?

Hope both does have a smooth pregnancy and delivery to healthy kids!😊
Thanks, Dandy! Healthy and happy is what I aim for! I do not plan on retaining any kids this year. I firmly warned my family not to get attatched to anything. I don't have that problem, but my the rest of my family does! 😏

Oh yay! Was looking forward to your thread! Prim looks like a totally different goat! Is Bella a Nigerian? She doesn’t really look like a Kinder compared to your others. She’s pretty though!
Bella is a full blooded kinder too. She is just a bit lighter boned than the others. 🙂

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Thanks, Dandy! Healthy and happy is what I aim for! I do not plan on retaining any kids this year. I firmly warned my family not to get attatched to anything. I don't have that problem, but my the rest of my family does! 😏
You're welcome! What!? How can you resist all the cute little kids you'll be having?!? Just wait until your does kid, I'm sure you'll change your mind then....that or your family will talk you into keeping one or two. Haha! 😅 I totally get it. You just can't keep 'em all. I also remember you mentioning that you found an awesome breeder, so you have to save some space for those babies.😃

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're welcome! What!? How can you resist all the cute little kids you'll be having?!? Just wait until your does kid, I'm sure you'll change your mind then....that or your family will talk you into keeping one or two. Haha! 😅 I totally get it. You just can't keep 'em all. I also remember you mentioning that you found an awesome breeder, so you have to save some space for those babies.😃
My plans for the future is to add a buck, keep a buckling out of Murphy and Cullen, and then keep a doeling out of Prim and the buckling I purchase. So there will be babies kept in the future, but not this year. I'm sure of it. 😁 I think four does would probably serve all our milk, butter, and cheese needs. That's the goal, complete dairy independence! 😙

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
My plans for the future is to add a buck, keep a buckling out of Murphy and Cullen, and then keep a doeling out of Prim and the buckling I purchase. So there will be babies kept in the future, but not this year. I'm sure of it. 😁 I think four does would probably serve all our milk, butter, and cheese needs. That's the goal, complete dairy independence! 😙
Sounds like an awesome plan to me!! 🥰

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
More pics?..............plzzz
Well... I was going to get you some new ones, but today I was busy running errands and tomorrow I have to cook Thanksgiving all day, so I probably won't have time, and then the day after that is Thanksgiving, so here are some pictures that I took for the first post that didn't make the cut. 🙂
Working animal Goat Dog breed Snout Goats
Plant Tree Wood Biome Natural landscape
Plant Tree Wood Fawn Terrestrial animal
Wood Tree Plant Terrestrial animal Working animal

Look at all those cute butts. 😋
Fence Tree Fawn Terrestrial animal Grazing

Bonus picture of my Anatolian, Mason.
Dog Plant Carnivore Dog breed Tree

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
What?!? How did those not make the cut??😋 I always enjoy and look forward to seeing your beautiful pictures. 🥰 Mason is sooo regal looking!! Love him! 🤩

Good luck cooking tomorrow! I'm helping my grandma do the same. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 😘

·
Registered
*Gotta love ‘em kids!*
1,086 Posts
Aw yes, the butt pics…..goats are so helpful at getting good photos

Beautiful girls, I love the one with Prim’s tongue sticking out! Have a great Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
3,908 Posts
Well... I was going to get you some new ones, but today I was busy running errands and tomorrow I have to cook Thanksgiving all day, so I probably won't have time, and then the day after that is Thanksgiving, so here are some pictures that I took for the first post that didn't make the cut. 🙂
View attachment 216063 View attachment 216064 View attachment 216065 View attachment 216066

Look at all those cute butts. 😋
View attachment 216067

Bonus picture of my Anatolian, Mason. View attachment 216070
What gorgeous girls!! And Mason of course lol. Thank you for the pics and good luck with the cooking! Happy Thanksgiving❤❤❤❤❤❤

1 - 20 of 230 Posts