The Goat Spot Forum banner
141 - 160 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
2,305 Posts
Oooh exciting!! I just can't wait to see her kids! I have 5 weeks to go for my girls and it is going to be the slowest 5 weeks ever. I'm usually not this worked up over kids getting here but seeing everyone else's has both helped and hindered my patience.
Yes, being on here does not help the patience LOL.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Well it's starting to get to be check on her overnight time. Last night I went to check on her at 9:30 and I was suspicious that we were getting darn close, but then I went out a little later and she got up from where she was laying, and I could see her udder and feel her ligaments and I realized it was a false alarm. I still checked on her at 3:30am, but I probably didn't need to.

Today is day 145 and now her ligaments are gone. Babies have dropped and she's looking posty. Her behavior is the same as it always was: cranky, demanding to be pet, and always hungry. I don't know guys. Tomorrow? Saturday? I'm thinking she's not going to make it to Sunday. I asked her, "What's the hold up?" And she replied, "What's the hurry?" 😏.

My mom saw her in the pasture this morning and said, "There's Bella, looking like a side of beef."😆
Plant Plant community Tree Mammal Natural landscape
Working animal Goat Terrestrial animal Tree Grass
Dog breed Working animal Collar Snout Grass
Working animal Tree Sky Fawn Terrestrial animal
Fence Working animal Plant Wire fencing Terrestrial animal

I bet I'll be checking on her again overnight so I'm off to take a nap. 😴

141 - 160 of 367 Posts