The Goat Spot Forum banner
161 - 180 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
2,150 Posts
Gee, Bella, you're looking like you could have quads in there!! Hope all goes well! Can't wait to "meet" her hostages!

PS: Bella has pretty darn perfect front leg placement and a stellar brisket extension! 🤩 Am I a little too "nerdy" with goat conformation to notice such things when you're just sharing her maternity pictures......? 🤓🤔🤣

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Yay getting sooo close!!! Cat WAIT to see babies! Also, when is Prim due?
Prim is due the fifth of February. Last year she waited til day 151 I believe, so she likes to cook them longer than Bella.

Getting close! If her ligs are gone, I don't think she'll hold out later than tomorrow night. Good luck and hopefully your nap is restful 😴 it sounds like you're going to need it!
My nap was great, so I'm all set for an all nighter! 😋

Gee, Bella, you're looking like you could have quads in there!! Hope all goes well! Can't wait to "meet" her hostages!

PS: Bella has pretty darn perfect front leg placement and a stellar brisket extension! 🤩 Am I a little too "nerdy" with goat conformation to notice such things when you're just sharing her maternity pictures......? 🤓🤔🤣
First you tell me she's got triplets and now you say quads?! If she's got four in there my mind will be BLOWN. 🤯

And thank you for noticing her wonderful brisket extension it is perty awesome. I think her front legs are pretty spiffy too. 🥰 I am a constant goat conformation critic too, so I totally get it. 😉

·
Registered
*Gotta love ‘em kids!*
1,167 Posts
Ou she looks so close! I’ll guess 3 and she’ll have them tomorrow! Don’t pull a doe code on us Bella!!

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
I checked on her and still no changes. I will get up again overnight, but I think we won't see babies at least until tomorrow. I put her in the kidding stall so if she was waiting for that, she can now kid in luxury. 😚

I'll update you guys around 10:30am-ish tomorrow if I'm not too busy delivering kids!

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Ok little lady ....it’s 5am time to ramp up getting those hostages out. You don’t want them born tomorrow when it’s really cold and yuck!
No being greedy and keeping them to yourself...it’s time to share! If you do, I’m sure your wonderful momma will bake you some seed cakes or scones for second breakfast 😉😀🤗

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
2,150 Posts
Please don't pull the code on us, Bella and have your kids during the snow storm!! Please, please, PLEASE don't! 😭🥶

Oh bother, what's the point of begging a pregnant doe to have her kids anyway? It's not like she has control over the situation either. Heck, she's probably thinking "Hurry up kids!! There's a huge snow storm coming and I don't want to have you then!" 😆

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
So, I don't know if I thought I felt no ligaments yesterday, and I just missed them or if they were gone and now are back, but I absolutely felt her ligs still a few hours ago. So that might have been an error on my part. 😐 I don't think we'll have any babies born today.

I just wanted to let you guys know that with high winds being forecast for Saturday evening through Monday along with the snow, we could be in for power outages, so if I go dark over those times, it could be that and not because babies are being born. I'm definitely not looking forward to kidding in a snowstorm let alone without power, so hopefully the power stays on! 🤞

161 - 180 of 370 Posts