MellonFriend's First Ever Kidding Thread 2021

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by MellonFriend, Jan 2, 2021.

1. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Hello everybody! I can't wait any longer! Hopefully this isn't too early to make my waiting thread, but I'm doing it because I can't possibly wait any more for my first kids to be born!:crazy:

For those who don't know, I have two registered kinder does, Belladonna (we just call her Bella and she's the black doe) and Primula (Prim, she's the tan doe) bred to kid in early March. This will be their first time kidding as well as my first kidding season. Bella's due date is March 4th and Prim's is March 9th. They were both bred to one of my two registered kinder bucks, Phantom.

I can't possibly make it to March!! I'm going crazy waiting!!:haha:

Please excuse the bald noses, it's just from the hay rack. It wasn't a great day for pictures. The lighting was kind of bad and Bella kept doing this: IMG_6659.JPG IMG_6654.JPG IMG_6676.JPG
    Smile, Prim! Yep, that about sums up what she thinks of me right now. :lolgoat:
    IMG_6665.JPG IMG_6686.JPG IMG_6669.JPG

Here's the daddy, Phantom: IMG_6681.JPG IMG_6682.JPG

friesian49, Jazzy, Feira426 and 9 others like this.
  2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

What stunning does. Phantom looks like he got a few tucked in there too. Lol

3. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

(rofl)
    (The dude has a great rumen!)

4. MadHouse

I am so excited for you and can totally understand not being able to wait!
    Your girls are gorgeous!

5. MellonFriend

Oh yeah, we joke about that all the time:heehee:

Thank you so much! I'm super excited (obviously) to see what their babies look like.

6. Ashlynn

Ashlynn Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    Prim looks like she’s got lots of personality lol so cute!

7. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh. Its going to be so exciting to see what the wee ones look like? I hope they all get Prims personality. She is adorable! Good luck & happy.kidding!

8. Caileigh Jane Smith

Caileigh Jane Smith Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Missouri, USA
    Oh my! I can totally relate to your excitement! I hope the days go by quickly for you! I can't wait to see pictures of your cute babies. Bella is so beautiful and glossy, and Prim looks like she has loads of personality. Your buck is pretty, too.

9. MellonFriend

I try to get my girls as glossy as possible. :) Prim's a bit of a drama queen that's for sure.

10. SandyNubians

SandyNubians Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Beautiful girls(and boy! Love his half face). How exciting! You will have adorable kids jumping around before you know it! Can't wait to see them progress.

11. MellonFriend

Thanks Sandy! I have to admit I can't say Phantoms markings had nothing to do with me purchasing him. (blush) I just love his mask. I hope he passes it to some of his babies!

12. MellonFriend

I'm trying to decide how to set up my kidding stalls when it's time. I think I know what I will do, but I thought I would run it by you guys to make sure I'm not missing something.

My does are currently in one of the two stalls in the main barn which is 10x10 and has a 10x8 porch. I figure what I'll do is I'll divide the stall in half with a cattle panel so that the doe that is about to kid is trapped in the back. That will be Bella first. Then after Bella kids, I'll switch Prim to the back and move Bella out. I have a way to shut the porch area off from the pasture so I figure that will be a good way to keep Bella and her new babies together. There is another 10x10 stall on the main barn that my LGDs sleep in at night, so after Prim kids I can move her into that stall in the day time and then put both the does back together in the single divided stall at night. Here's a diagram I went overboard on.

Kidding Set Up.png

Feira426, Lstein, Iluvlilly! and 2 others like this.
  13. MadHouse

I think that should work. 10x5 is plenty of space to kid.

14. LisaCan89

LisaCan89 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee

15. MellonFriend

Bella's getting an udder! (dance) I saw her stand up at the fence today and was like, hmm.... her teats look bigger. Sure enough she feels all puffy down there.:7up: It's minor, but its there. IMG_6772.JPG

I can't really see if Prim is developing yet. She's got so much fluff that it's hard to see and I didn't do any feeling because she was giving me the evil eye o_O . I think her lady bits are looking puffier though. IMG_6776.JPG

Here are some top down shots. Bella's not very wide. My completely untrained eye thinks she's going to have a single. IMG_6783.JPG IMG_6784.JPG

16. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oooh ever so exciting

17. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    They look like they are coming along nicely!:great:

MadHouse, MellonFriend and GoofyGoat like this.
  18. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Yay! So excited for you! They’re looking great....can’t wait to see those hostages :)

19. MadHouse

I am sooo excited with you!!
    Whhoo hooo!

20. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California