The Goat Spot Forum banner

221 - 240 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Thanks for sharing the whole story! You did soo well! Even phoning the vet, and then “unphoning” the vet, just to make sure you had every help you needed. I am so amazed! Your first time and you acted like a pro! Congratulations again!
Bella’s kids are gorgeous!

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
They are starting to act playful! It's too cute, I can't stand it! My mom and I went out to sit with them in the barn last evening and the babies kept coming over to her shoes and trying to climb over them. My mom thought that they just wanted to get by, but every time she moved out of their way they'd just come back and climb/struggle to get over them. :lolgoat:

Oh, and the baby boy has a name. :) His name is Benjamin after Nicholas Cage's character in the movie National Treasure. I'm still working on a name for the girl.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
They are all doing great. (thumbup) Bella's sides are starting to look normal again. I was a little worried at how sucked in she looked after birth, if you know what I mean. But she's back to looking more like a normal goat now. She is also eating loads of hay and has normal poop and pee. Babies are great, I had to do some running around today, so I didn't really have time to take any pictures, but they are doing so great. I can't believe how beautiful they are! They are now trying to climb all over us when we go in there with them. It's just amazing how fast their energy levels develop. Benjamin loves his face rubbed and is quite the little licker.:lolgoat:

Prim is doing good, she's rather uncomfortable while laying down and she is just huge. I think she's got to have three in there. Her ligs are still hard and her udder isn't quite full. I hope she waits until the weekend, I feel like I need all the rest I can get before doing this again. I just so hope she goes in the day time not only for my energy levels, but because we are going to have lows in the twenties coming up here.:( And then I could also update all you guys or ask questions when you are awake. :rolleyes:;)

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Oh so cute! Amazing job. You go girl, you’re ready for anything now :)
I was stalking and thought I had already posted and then realized I hadn’t ...oops sorry.
I love National Treasure so great name for Benjamin Franklin Goat
What’s the doelings name? I think Arwen is perfect for that little princess ...
How’s Prim doing?

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
I'm going to wait on the girl's name until I know whether we will be keeping her on not. But I do have something in mind if we do. I like your suggestion though. ;)

Prim's still hanging in there. Ligs are still hard, which I'm glad about. The more rest I can get the better. She's probably waiting for the weather to get bad.:bonk:
IMG_7018.JPG
IMG_7032.JPG

221 - 240 of 377 Posts