The Goat Spot Forum banner

261 - 280 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Day 149 for Prim. Her ligs might be changing, but I'm not sure. Can they get lower down, but still feel hard? I feel like her udder isn't as full as it could be, and I don't think her babies are quite dropped. Vulva looks more puffy than it has been. I thought for sure she'd be looking more ready today. :waiting: We are in the clear for cold night time temperatures at least. :happygoat:
IMG_7066.JPG

·
Registered
210 Posts
Day 149 for Prim. Her ligs might be changing, but I'm not sure. Can they get lower down, but still feel hard? I feel like her udder isn't as full as it could be, and I don't think her babies are quite dropped. Vulva looks more puffy than it has been. I thought for sure she'd be looking more ready today. :waiting: We are in the clear for cold night time temperatures at least. :happygoat: View attachment 200777
Are Prim & Cocoa sisters from another Mr. Lol. Reading this was like deja vu. Coms on Prim! You can do it!!

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
Haha! They must be!

I think her udder has filled more since I took that picture and she was doing a little pawing, although that may just have been toward Bella who was doing some challenging through the fence.

I was double checking my kidding supplies, and I can't seem to find my bulb syringe. If Prim kids tonight, I won't have it. Anything I can use instead if I need it? Do you think a normal syringe (no needle of course) would work?

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
False alarm. We found a smaller bulb syringe in our medicine cabinet. So no worries. I would still be interested in pro newborn nose pinching technique though. ;)

I think her udder is even fuller than when I took that picture this morning. My gut says she's not going to kid tonight, but I could be wrong.
IMG_7072.JPG

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
You guys talk about all the magical names... I feel old cause the only magical name I could think of was Gizmo from the Gremlins. Thank goodness he hasnt multiplied cause he still eats after 10 and doesnt mind a little rain.

How is Prim?
Lord of the Rings was way before Gremlins lol. I think Gizmo is an adorable name for your boy :)

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
Hey, have you had Bella on the milk stand yet, since she kidded? Just curious!
No, I actually haven't. I have her trapped in the back of the barn stall with her babies behind a piece of fencing, and it would be kind of tough for me to let her out twice a day and lead her to the garage. Since she had no trouble with the stand I figured I'd just wait for conveniences sake.

How is Prim?
Still not a thing. She's been grazing in the pasture and not acting different at all. Udder's getting bigger and I can barely feel her ligaments, but she's holding out on us! Doe code strikes again!

261 - 280 of 377 Posts