The Goat Spot Forum banner

321 - 340 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
So fun! That was a good movie. My buck's name is Murphy, so that's kinda cool! Named him that because we had a whole pileup of seemingly very unlikely things happen when we were driving him home, lol.
That is kinda cool! I remember you telling the story of getting him.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Yeah, that was nuts. I forgot I already wrote about it on here, lol.

Your kids are all so cute, Mellon! How are they all doing? How are the mamas?
They are all doing great. Prim seems a bit tired, but she's eating great and getting lots of rest so I'm sure she'll be back to her normal energy levels soon. I would have taken more pictures today, but I have been insanely busy! I decided to set Prim and her babies up in an adjacent stall in my barn away from Bella and her kids because Bella is back to being her crazy self. I didn't realize how subdued she had gotten during her pregnancy. She's insane, trying to eat Prim's hay and sticking her head through the fence dividing their stall. Oy, she's such a kook. (doh)

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
Prim's buckling has a name. His name is Yuma, like the movie 3:10 to Yuma since he was born on March 10th (starting to get the idea that I like movies? :p). I had this name in mind if Prim had a buckling on 3-10. I'm so happy she didn't kid after midnight!
IMG_7120.JPG

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!! (dance) And it didn't come from Bella. I noticed that the one side of Prim's udder looked tight and larger than the other side, so I started squirting some out and it just kept coming and so I was like, "I can't keep squirting this on the ground". I got almost a pint out of her! And I could have gotten so much more, but she laid down and had been doing so good, and I didn't want to push her so I stopped. I didn't get her udder quite even so I'll try again tomorrow morning. I didn't put her on the stand because I thought that might freak her out, so I just did it on the ground. She freaked out a little at first, but then did surprisingly well. I can't believe it, I get to try goat milk!!!
IMG_7134.JPG

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
321 - 340 of 377 Posts