The Goat Spot Forum banner

121 - 140 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I saw and felt one of Bella's babies moving! :clapping: She was up on the stand and right in front of her back leg I saw this little movement like a little baby tapping on the inside. I put my hand there and felt it kick!

Bella has also figured out how to get on the stand without me helping her. :)
Feeling baby kicks is so awesome! Our girls are due around the same time, so reading some of your posts are like life around her right now. It's such an exciting journey!!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I use a small plastic storage tote (the short ones for under the bed storage) and a tarp strap as a hay feeder. Attach the tub to the outside of the cattle panel. Works great. I've been using a heavy duty one outdoors for months, and it's still in great shape. My goats have horns too, and so far, so good as far as heads in the fence.
Could you post a picture of that? Please?

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Well Prim took a major step back with milking stand training today. Yesterday and this morning I got her up on the stand by lifting up her back end after she put her front hooves on the coffee table. Well apparently me doing that is a complete violation of her personal space. She's reluctant to even come to the garage now. I wasn't even rough with her or anything while getting her up. I guess it's back to square one, she won't even put her hooves on the coffee table now. :( I figured because Bella figured out what I wanted after I assisted that maybe it would work for Prim too, but no.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
She will get there! If she likes grain, she will eventually come. Just don’t give it to her any other place.
Can you put a halter on her and pull her up instead of pushing from behind (once she goes i to the garage again)?
May was the same way about being touched back there before giving birth. I always got the look of death.(embarrassed)

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
I do have a halter which I will probably put on her for the walk to the the garage at least. I think that she might rather just trip when I pull on her than take the step up. :confused: I'll try it though and see how it goes. Maybe if I added another step it would work.... I just have to try my hardest to make sure I don't get impatient with her. :ahh:

·
Registered
39 Posts
A thread for me to watch, as I am hopefully have my first kid(s) late June not a preferred date,but the breeder had issues so was late, and she is worth the inconvenience,some of hers have not taken so will wait til next year now so fingers crossed mine is and a late birth is not problematic,seeing yours should give me useful hints

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
A thread for me to watch, as I am hopefully have my first kid(s) late June not a preferred date,but the breeder had issues so was late, and she is worth the inconvenience,some of hers have not taken so will wait til next year now so fingers crossed mine is and a late birth is not problematic,seeing yours should give me useful hints
Yay! I love all the company while I wait.:bighug:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Awww. Shes bashful..lol. just keep working with her. You will get her up there in no time. Being consistant..with good treats..goes a long way!:heehee:
Agreed my breeder claims she give a handful of pellets which she. Refers to as goat crack,she says as the girls only get a big handle full like this after performing they are as quiet as lambs (i have never had lambs so cannot debunk the quote) anyway feed pellets work an absolute treat apparently, I have just ordered some to trial :)

then I just read this which agrees.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Well after this morning I am convinced that no amount of ropes, halter, extra steps, pushing or pulling is going to get Prim up on the stand. She's going to have to do it by herself or she's not getting up. I just wish I had realized this from the beginning and then I wouldn't have had to undo the impression she now has that the milking room is bad.

121 - 140 of 377 Posts