The Goat Spot Forum banner

141 - 160 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
The problem with that is she would rather just stretch her neck as far as it can go to get the pellets on the stand and never even put her feet up.:rolleyes:

She's back to putting her front hooves on the coffee table now. I'm going to need to bring treats for the walk to the garage. This has made her forget all of her leash training. I think I just need to take it slow. I was treating her like she was Bella and she is not. Bella's such an angel child that today when it was raining, I was fidgeting with the side door to the garage and an umbrella and Bella went straight back to the stand and hopped up and started eating her grain no questions asked.:angel:

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Good girl Bella! For Prim, maybe walk her in the milk area and let her hang out and just get loves, each trip get closer to the milk stand. Then you sit on the coffee table she’ll have to come up to it to get loves/treats, then move to the far side and she’ll have to jump up to get loves and treats. If she figures that’s the only place she’ll get spoiled she might go there a lot more willingly

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Yeah, she thinks petting leads to being injected with something or drenched or hoof trimming (doh). We're making progress though. She's very food motivated so that's her currency to get her to do what I want. I just have to keep my hands off of her for now and let her see the milking parlor as the treat place. Hopefully I can get her used to all this before she needs to be milked.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 · (Edited)
Ohhhh we are getting closer to Bella wee ones! Yay. Hopefully the weather will be much better!
My weather actually hasn't been very bad. I had sixties last week. Extended forecast predicts highs in the 50s, lows in the high 30s-40s and rain, so that doesn't sound too bad. The weather people are notoriously bad at predicting weather at that long a distance for our area though.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
She's doing it!(dance) Phew, what a load off my back this is. I was afraid she would never do it. It took a lot of figuring out what to do to help her do it but we finally got there. Apparently a ramp was what she needed and little pieces of wood to help her get footing.
IMG_6919.JPG
IMG_6920.JPG

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Bella had an extremely loose poop tonight. I wouldn't have known at all if I hadn't seen her go. It was almost completely liquid with a few whole berries in it. I launched into action and gave her 8ccs of vitamin B complex, a bunch of pine boughs and a double dose of probios. She's acting completely normal, ruminating, not bloated, good famacha, devouring hay, she ate all her alfalfa pellets and oats on the stand. I was hoping she's go again while I was watching her, but she didn't. Today was the first day I saw her eating fresh grass so maybe it was that. The only other thing that happened today was when I came out in the afternoon they had knocked over their water which I have no way of knowing how long they were without water. I'm hoping that it was one of those things, so I guess we will see.

141 - 160 of 377 Posts