The Goat Spot Forum banner

161 - 180 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
139 days for Prim. She got her hair cut yesterday which makes her udder much more visible now. I totally botched it, but I guess it's functional and doesn't have to be fashionable. Her hair is so thick that I think I should have used a lower setting on my clipper. That black thing is Bella's ear, by the way. She was convinced the camera strap was delicious.:rolleyes:
IMG_6925.JPG

She's real full of baby right now.
IMG_6931.JPG

Here's Bella's hair cut. Hers looks a little better. Her udder has an adorable little mohawk on it.
IMG_6930.JPG

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
They are doing great. Prim's udder hasn't changed much, but I swear Bella's udder has gotten fuller since yesterday. I thought that yesterday Prim's udder looked fuller than Bella's, but not today! They still both have solid ligs and I'm seeing no discharge, so apparently they aren't thinking about going any time soon.:rolleyes: We are going to have some cold weather this coming week so maybe that will trick them into going sooner rather than later.
IMG_6940.JPG
IMG_6934.JPG

They are starting to act a bit uncomfortable when they are laying down. Bella was making little grunty noises when I was taking this picture.
IMG_6935.JPG

Oy yeah, that doesn't look comfy.
IMG_6949.JPG

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
:update: Things are happening! Bella's ligs are either gone or I'm just not good enough to know the difference between gone and barely there. You can see in the picture her tail is flopped over to the side. Her udder is also suddenly HUGE! :clapping: You can see her teats from the side now.
IMG_6952.JPG
IMG_6953.JPG

So I got her maternity suite all set up. She seems to be happy in it, not crying or trying to get out.
IMG_6955.JPG

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Omg!!! I'm so excited for you! Her udder looks absolutely beautiful (and reading about your girls has made me so interested in kinders).
My pregnant ones are day 140 and 141 right now so I'm living vicariously through you too :)
Thank you for the compliment! I think her udder looks great, but then I've never seen a goat udder before so... :lolgoat:

I can't recommend the breed enough. We'll see how they milk, but they've excelled in other categories so far.

161 - 180 of 377 Posts