The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The registered pygmy does that I purchased sept 1st (4 of them) 3 are possibly preggers. I can feel babies in 2 of them for sure and are developing udders. They have been exposed to my buck since i got them so soonest they could kid from my buck would be February.and I'm sure that they are further along than that. When I got them I was told that they had been exposed to a buck but didnt see them bred and didn't think they were. So now I have to get a memo to register the kids. Just wondering if most people charge for memos if so how much?

·
1,132 Posts
If they are already developing udders than they are due before February. In my experience when a doe was exposed to a buck the breeder wanted me to contact them as soon as the doe kidded. That way I couldn't say the doe was bred by her buck but really bred to mine. I've never had to pay extra for a service memo after a doe kids and I don't really think that a breeder should.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks .i just wasn't sure how the memo thing worked.:) I also purchased the buck they were bred to also .

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
I would think the previous owner should have no problems giving you a service memo since you bought a few goats from her. If the goats were bred in her care, then she would need to do the service memo since you weren't the owner at time of conception.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea i emailed her today and She said that they would be due the end of November or beginning of December and that she would send me the memos when the kids are born.but i didn't ask about a charge for the memos and she didnt say anything either. i just didn't know If should expect to be charged for them or not when I do need them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts