Mentors

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Bona Fide, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Okay, I know learning about goats is a collective experience where you learn from trial and error, reading, opinions, hands on and all sorts of people and their wisdom and experiences. But if you could thank one person for being your biggest "goat mentor" if you will, teacher, supporter or whatever (aside from TGS or GW for example) who would you give thanks to?

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Barbara Halligan, CornerStone Farm

And Carol and Duane, Kids Corral

:)

3. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    My neighbor registered on the Spot as Fair Chance farms. One year ago this month see rescued my goats from a terrible situation and I adopted two of them and found a home for another. She kept the last remaining rescued goat. She also let me keep my goats at her farm for 6 months till we had adequate living quarters and a goat pen. Then of course I was blessed enought to see half of the babies born last year and even got to buy a beautifully spotted black goat with white moon spots for my son. She has taught me so much and continues to answer my questions as they arise. I am certain that if it hadn't been for Barb I would not own goats today.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    my mom got me started - but from there it was trial and error (lots of error) by myself. It is amazing I didnt loose more goats to my own stupidity.

5. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    I haven't had a mentor :( I don't know anybody in the area.

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Mine are 1 and a half - three hours away. By the way I have a great disbudding video PM me and I'll give you the link.

7. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    mine was BOB & PHIL CASSETTE of CHTEAU BRIANT FARMS in maine. they gave me my start in alpines & alot of help along the way.

also margie lupin of mystic nubians in maine. she was a great hepl to me thru all of my learning & really taught me alot.

8. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Betty Shelby, Apache Landing Fainting Goats

Pat Cotten, Bending Tree Ranch

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Claudia Johnson of Singing-Spruce Dairy Goats, she has taught me SSOOOOOOO much and I owe so much knowledge that I have learned to her.