The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Belatedly, Merry Christmas. We took the goats up Millcreek Canyon Christmas Eve to have our second "Hidden Christmas". My son-in-law brought the Kifuru Tipi. As we hiked we dropped tea lights covered with clear plastic (brittle) cups with a hole burned in the bottom for air to guide the way of those who would follow.

The goats were all packed except for Pig who pulled the cart. We had 22 people in the tent with a wood-burning stove.

In the Bible, the wilderness is a place to meet God and be totally devoted to him. So as we gathered in our "wilderness" we first shared from memory (hidden in our hearts) the Christmas story, and then the hidden prophecies in the Old Testament about the incarnation and birth of Christ. We sang hymns from memory and then had some hot drinks and fellowship.

Our hidden gathering started around 7pm (the tent was set up earlier) and people started leaving at 10 pm. We were home by 11.

As we shared in the tents, my daughter went outside with our grand-kid and thought the goats had disappeared. When she looked, they were around the back side of the tent just opposite where I was sitting inside, and all facing the tent like they were listening.

As people were leaving they were saying things like "next year lets set the tent up earlier before it gets dark". So I guess they want to do it again, even though the temperature was below freezing.

I want to find some battery powered Christmas lights to put on the goats for next year.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
That sounds like a beautiful Christmas Eve. I can just see the tea lights leading to the tipi. I love the glow of my Kifaru in the dark, and the warmth of its wood stove. Thanks for the story.
IdahoNancy

·
Registered
847 Posts
Nanno said:
Bob, we got some battery-powered LED Christmas lights about 5 years ago and we love them! They run on 3 AAA batteries, and we've used them for many different occasions throughout the year and they still have the original batteries in them! Here's a place where you can get them for only $4/strand:

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/batteryled.html

They work good!
Cool. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts