Mia on day 147 - Kidded single buckling, Pics page 3

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by StaceyRosado, May 20, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Her ligaments have been slowly softening. Today they are low but still prominent enough for me to not have my brother checking on her all day. She kidded on 147 last year but RunAround is hoping that she waits till Friday or Saturday (149-150) so she can be here :) I actually would like that too (shhhh)

Here are some pictures from the past few days - she basically looks the same today.

It is hard to get good pictures of her since my camera washes out white :shrug: :roll:

I have no pictures from today since it is raining

Attached Files:

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Re: Mia on day 146

Well, here's hoping she waits for you and Runaround. What are you hopeing for? Twins? You've had a tough kidding season, so I won't predict, I'll just :pray: for healthy happy kids, whose mother feeds them for you! Good Luck Stacey!

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I figure she has a single in there a SLIGHT possibilty for twins. She was a great first time young mom last year (turned a year old 2-3 weeks before kidding). I only just hope her udder gets bigger if she has twins. But I wont' stress over it I know all will be fine.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

I'd say a single, but twins could be possible. HOpefully she'll wait till Friday, but since that is your wish, I'm sure she won't :ROFL: :D

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

At least you have a due date! I think she'll wait till tomorrow or later easily. She looks good!

Does your camera flash when it takes the photos? Do you have a close-up option? Mine washes out if its up close and I use the flash, but if I choose the up close feature then it still flashes but a lighter amount.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

that was without the flash and far away so it is just stupid. Yes the flash makes it terrible

she certainly will wait at least another day but not sure about after that

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

He he he. I know she wont wait since I want her to! :slapfloor:

But you never know!

I am sooo excited to see everyone! :wahoo:

Oh and I will bring my camera Stacey so I can take TONS of pictures!

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

as if I dont' take plenty myself :roll: :wink:

I am super excited about this weekend! if only I didn't have to work on Sunday it would be perfect

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Stacey, she looks really good, udder is filling out very nicely and as low as she looks she could end up with twins...and since she was so good with Kari last year she'll be even better this year! You know you won't get another look a like kid out of her this time around.... :ROFL:

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

you know i don't care what the kid looks like.

Kari is growing into a fine doe - saw pictures of her the other day.

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

O Stacey, I'm sorry if I seemed un feeling... :hug: I know that with all that's gone on this kidding with your girls you've been way stressed...just thot I'd add some humor. I know that with Tilly being my only carmel, she's freshened 4x and has only had 2 look a like kids...Heidi is staying with me. I too wish for healthy happy kids and mommy.

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh no liz no problems :D

ligaments are very low but still feelable. She has a creamy white dischage and her udder is bigger.

[attachment=6:311s7hcb]Mia May 20th 001.jpg[/attachment:311s7hcb]

[attachment=5:311s7hcb]Mia May 20th 002.jpg[/attachment:311s7hcb]

[attachment=4:311s7hcb]Mia May 20th 003.jpg[/attachment:311s7hcb]

here she is being spoiled
    [attachment=3:311s7hcb]Mia May 20th 004.jpg[/attachment:311s7hcb]

oh and it poured again today :GAAH:
    I know it doesn't look like it but that is deep, so deep it goes over my shoes (hence my wet feet from accidentally stepping along the edge :angry:
    [attachment=0:311s7hcb]Mia May 20th 006.jpg[/attachment:311s7hcb]
    oh and that hay is not for eating (though Sweet pea thought so) it is there so they can stand and eat and still water comes through the hay :GAAH:
    [attachment=1:311s7hcb]Mia May 20th 007.jpg[/attachment:311s7hcb]
    [attachment=2:311s7hcb]Mia May 20th 008.jpg[/attachment:311s7hcb]

Attached Files:

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She's looking very close Stacey, at least within the next day or 2...her udder is looking very good too! Seems to be bigger than last time already. I feel for you and your kids with all that water! Thankfully, even though it's just as wet here, my shed and pens are on a slope...no standing water, just MUCK! Hope she can wait for you to be with her and since she did so well with Kari I think she'll do even better this time! :hug:

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Darn, looks like she is going to go before I get there! Oh well, I will be praying for healthy happy kids and mom. :pray: Thats what counts!

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

it would be nice if she kids tomorrow before work, but if not thats ok.

I will be separating her tonight just in case.

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

udder is bigger though not tight. Her ligaments are soft but still just sitting at halfway point.

I put her in the back pen just in case she does go early tomorrow and I don't get out there in time.

I figure she will go late tomorrow or even Thursday but who knows :shrug: :baby:

17. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

How is she this morning?

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Ligaments almost gone. When I went out there she had been streaming so their was remnance of that shown by the pictures. But when I pull on a piece of hay stuck in it the whole thing just came off so I know she had been streaming earlier adn stopped.

the video shows her talking a lot. By the time I thought to video her she stopped so I got her going again by talking to her

Unfortunatly her udder is showing the signs of having only nursed a single last year (though I didn't notice it then)
    [attachment=1:1pmj6tlz]May 21st 002.jpg[/attachment:1pmj6tlz]

[attachment=0:1pmj6tlz]May 21st 001.jpg[/attachment:1pmj6tlz]

[​IMG]

She is now in the big shelter in the front pen with her own hay which she is chowing down on.

I have some inside chores to do so I will be keeping an eye on her. No birth imanent but soon

Attached Files:

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Mia on day 147 - ligaments almost gone

Her left ligament is still holding on but it feels like her right is gone.

Her belly has dropped.

I have to go to work yet again at 1:30 so she better hurry up

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Mia on day 147 - ligaments almost gone

possible contractions. was bringing out the towels and kidding kit and saw her legs out so I ran inside to grab camera.

Will let you knwo more later.

COuld be a false alarm but who knows