The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds horrible but what is the quickest easiest way to kill a mouse when it is in a trap but not dead?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Threw it in the river?
Though, that may infect the river....

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why didn't I think of these? LOL thank you. Yeah my cat is actually scared of the mice...

·
Registered
200 Posts
If the mouse can't run away with the trap, let the cat see it and he might start playing with it because the mouse can't run
It might not scare the cat so much
Idk good luck. Let us know what u did do

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Well, I found one once smashed at the stomach. He was faceup and doing sit-ups. (This is not a joke.) Normally these problems are turned over to my hubby. But I was alone so I held it over the toilet, opened the trap and flushed it.

You should have seen us the other night when a baby 'possum chased us around the chicken coop. Rod was screaming like a little girl.:shocked: He finally managed to pin it with a rake, then stepped on its head and for good measure shot it with the pellet gun.:hammer:

·
2,377 Posts
Just stick it in a bucket of water. The most awful traps to use are those sticky glue ones. We have always used the snap traps and it usually kills them instantly by snapping their back. We tried the sticky glue matts and will never use those again. A whole family got stuck on it and they were trapped alive and in great misery. The babies had their little faces all stuck and the older ones were nearly breaking their backs trying to get loose. I suggest not using those - not using poison - but instead use a snap trap and keep a cat close to help with the mice problems.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I used the sticky trap 1 time

The little Booger 8 His Way off of it left it with a patch missing out of the sticky trap , he took it with him

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK we have a bunch of mice in the house and they won't go away we have set traps and tried poison but it isn't working. The cat has caught a few just tonight but she likes to play with them and they get away. We can't bomb the house because it it too dangerous and will kill the pets help!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have 8 traps in my room and still nothing

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We tried loose D-con.

·
Super Moderator
58,834 Posts
Try the Tom Cat blocks. But be absolutely sure no other animals can get the blocks or eat the mice that die from it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts