Mickey's kidding thread - *kidded* with triplets!!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by echocreekranch, Mar 6, 2010.

1. echocreekranch

echocreekranch New Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Hi,

My hubbie and I purchased 5 boer does and a buck last October. I think that one of the does is close to our first kidding but I'm not sure.....?

Mickey is 3 years old and had twins last year. Her bag has been filling up and she's feeling pretty mushy around her tailhead. I saw her being bred on Oct 6 and 12th.

What do you guys think? Oh and any gueses on how many? This doe is huge compared to the other four (in overall size I mean, she's way taller and longer than the rest).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Re: Newbie question - are we close?

Day 150 for her was either the 5th or is on the 11th... depending on which day she conceived. :) I'm guessing big twins! :)

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

she's def close... keep an eye on her.. i too am going with twins. boer kids are generally really big, my smallest ever was 4.5 he was a quad runt. my biggest was 13 pounds

5. echocreekranch

Oct 6, 2009

Thanks for looking. My notes from her breeder say she had a 10 1/2 lb and an 11 lb kid last year.

I'm not going to make it through 4 does! The suspense is killing me....

6. echocreekranch

Oct 6, 2009
    Re: Mickey's kidding thread - boer doe

I think we're getting closer. I think her ligs are totally gone and there is a large empty space on her sides where the kid(s) used to be because she's dropped more today. Not totally sure since this is my (not hers) first kidding.

C'mon girl!

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Mickey's kidding thread - around day 150ish

yup sounds like babies on the way anytime now

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Looks like you'll be doubling or tripling your herd soon. ;)

9. echocreekranch

Oct 6, 2009

Well I sure hope so! My big girl is holding out on me....

10. echocreekranch

Oct 6, 2009
    Mickey finally kidded this morning. Her bag had filled quite a bit more over the last two days. Hubby checked her before going to work and told me there was no change. About 20 minutes later I could hear her mahhhhing on the baby monitor so I called him to come back. He did and after checking her said that she was starting to lose her plug and left for work again. Not 10 minutes later, I could hear her really calling and grunting and pushing on the monitor. So I dressed the human kids up (4 1/2 and 3) and headed out there. The first kid (buckling) arrived about 3 minutes after we got to the barn. It was great that my boys got to see the birth (these are the first kids born on our farm)! My four year old was so impressed with how much the Mommy and Baby loved each other. Mickey did a great job of cleaning up the first kid and about 15 minutes later the second buckling was born and the third doeling came directly after the second (not even a minute in between).

The weights were: #1 buckling: 8 lbs #2 buckling: 8lbs #3 doeling: 6lbs

Everyone seems to be doing well! All of the kids were born in the "diving" position. Whew, what an adventure. I'm in love....

Pictures to follow - I had to go to work!

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wow congrats! so glad it was a normal birth and you got to witness it as well with your kids :D

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Perfect Delivery! Congratulations on your first babies! :leap: