The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to microchip my goats but I have no idea where to get the microchips or supplies... Anyone know where?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there away besides the vet I know you can do them yourself. I'm in the process of getting my herd registered and 12 goats plus soon to be more will start to get very pricey

·
15 Posts
What breed do you have? You need to be careful about the chips that you buy now because the 9 digit chips are only recognized by the government until March of 2014 (they are going to grandfather in the previous)then they have given another year for the 15 digit chips before you have to switch and only use the country desginated 15 digit chip. If you only need the avid 9 digit to do your herd now I can make you quite a deal because I bought a box of 25 before the new info on the requirements came out. I use Elsie at EZ ID Phone: 970-351-7701

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
I would also check with the registry you want to register with. As far as I know they all still require tattoos even if they are microchipped.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have fainting goats and we are starting to sell our babies now and we sold the ones last year without being registered but I've been working to get them registered and I've finally been approved for the IFGA,AFGO and the MGR and I wanted to have everything together so there was no problems

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was just planning on getting all three, scrapie, microchip and tattoo just so there can't be problems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts