Middle Number and Spammer?

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by OhCee, Apr 25, 2010.

1. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Hey I was thinking maybe we could have those taken off our mini profiles whenever we post? Is that even possible? I've noticed the admins don't have it :)

Thanks! :thumbup:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have it on mine? This was created for security of our members due to the number of people signing up to spam, not to be a member of the group. There had been some issues with this in the past and this way we know our members are safe from certain inappropriate material.

3. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Oh I know why it's here, and that's cool, but other stuff we fill out on our initial application isn't on the side bar, and since you have to put the right number and "No" to get in (I think?) I just thought maybe it didn't have to be attached to every post...

4. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I always wondered what those meant.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sorry but its impossible to remove

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Guess I must be a spammer cause I dont have htat in mine. :cool:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    HeHe....nancy d....we know you don't spam.. wow...yeah.. you don't have one... but I do...hmmm... :scratch: LOL :laugh: :greengrin:

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

you joined before I had to put those special things in place. If you were to go in and change something like your password or your email address it will then show up on your profile.

Its there for a reason and its important - sorry if it upsets you have it there. You werent here when we had issues I had to go to the phpbb people to find otu what to do it was so bad.

9. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    It doesnt bother me one way or the other but I always wondered & figured it was put in place after awhile.

Neaner neaner Pam Im older than you! And quite literally too I imagine.

10. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Oh no! It doesn't bother me at all, it was just something I noticed and didn't know if anyone else had. No biggie!

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Neaner...Neaner back....nancy d :p :p :p HeHe.... ...too funny... :laugh: :cool: