The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!! Wanted to post our breedings and some pics just for fun, as well as follow up on the post with what each doe had! We bred 6 does to kid in January and I’m so excited for these kids! I’ll jump right into it:

Wishful Thinking X Watch Me Outshine

Wish was our 5th lo place SR yearling at nationals this year, as well as a member of the 2nd place jr get of sire! She has gone 3x grand champion and 1x best in show. Outshine is the full brother to the 2019 national show Best Nubian udder, Blissberry Rain or Shine ️ we are keeping first daughter from this one!

Vertebrate Mammal Goat Dog breed Fawn

Wish
Plant Grass Tree Fawn Terrestrial animal

Outshine

Next up: She’s like the wind X Watch Me Outshine

Windy is a granddaughter to the 2019 National best Nubian udder, and her dam became an Elite doe as a yearling Milker! We are breeding her to Outshine, full brother to the 2019 Best Nubian udder for a strong linebreeding on that doe! Windy will be a FF 2yo

Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Plant Snout

Windy as a dry yearling (she’s got her ears flared lol)
Plant Grass Tree Fawn Terrestrial animal

Outshine

Third breeding: I see Fire X Reno

“Ember” is a really fancy yearling, who was born late July last year. She has gone 2x grand champion this year and then went on to take 16th place JR Yearling at nationals this year! We are breeding her to our Senior buck, Reno, who’s Littermate was 3rd place kid at the 2019 nationals. His daughters took 2x reserve champion and 1st place jr get of sire at our state fair in September!
Vertebrate Dog breed Mammal Carnivore Companion dog

I see Fire or “ember”
Vertebrate Mammal Collar Working animal Dog breed

Reno

Fourth breeding: Misty Morning X amen Ra

Misty was also a later born kid last year, but has had a great dry year in the show ring! She has gone 2x reserve champion, 1x grand and 1x best in show! She then joined our small group to the national show and was the 10th place jr yearling! She is bred to our Senior buck, Amen-Ra who is the son of SGCH Blissberry RH Vallelujah who has appraised twice as EEEE 93, which is rare for Nubians! She has also been 2x national show to total performer.

Goat Dog breed Working animal Sheep Fawn

Misty
Dog breed Plant Dog Working animal Collar

I don’t have a pic of Ra, so here’s his dam!

Fifth breeding: Bonfyre X Reno

Bonfyre is the dam to ember above, and she is a gorgeous doe! She was dried off early this year after mastitis but we are hoping to get her in the show ring this year. We are breeding her to our Senior buck, Reno, who’s Littermate was 3rd place kid at the 2019 nationals. His daughters took 2x reserve champion and 1st place jr get of sire at our state fair in September! We are breeding her to both ember and bonfyre to hopefully get some really consistent kids.

Wheel Tire Sky Working animal Horse tack

Bonfyre
Vertebrate Mammal Collar Working animal Dog breed

Reno

Let me know what you all think of our breedings! We are very excited

·
Registered
285 Posts
So interesting to see all your different goats! I’m new to showing and what all the placements and terms mean, but it looks like so much fun. You seriously have some gorgeous goats here, good luck with kidding!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Best wishes! I hope January is not too ugly and that you have happy and healthy babies and dams! Can’t wait to see those pics!
We pen breed all our does so we know each and kidding days and then pull all our kids. They are kept inside their first two weeks And then they are kept in a Heated barn until they it warms up! This is the first year we have started breeding for January kidding, but we did February kiddings this year and loved it. Our kids grew so much better because there was no parasites to worry about early in the year. We also bred for early because all our does kidding in January are first fresheners so we can decide who needs to find new homes before show season. We are super excited to see some kids though!
Dog Dog breed Leg Carnivore Working animal

Dog breed Fawn Carnivore Companion dog Grass

These are two of our February kids we got this year and they both grew so well and have both taken 1st place and reserve champion wins

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,659 Posts
Yay!! Looks like you will be very busy! Hope everything goes well. 🥰

1 - 15 of 15 Posts