The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am in the Midwest where our temps are still high 90's. I am assuming this is why my 3
Does and buck have no interest whatsoever in each other?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
They may not be in season yet depending on what breed they are.

·
2,203 Posts
Ok I am in the Midwest where our temps are still high 90's. I am assuming this is why my 3
I'm up in Wisconsin. I have only seen one heat a piece out of 3 of my girls. They usually don't start heats until early October normally.

·
Live. Love. Ride. Milk.
511 Posts
Often the bucks will be in rut before the does are in heat so that is normal. I am in Ohio and it hasn't been as hot here and I have had a 7 month old doe in heat(Toggenburg). I can't remember is Nubians were always a little later than some of the other breeds or not? I used to have Nubian's, but that was a long time ago and I was pretty young.

·
2,203 Posts
My two 6 month old Mini-Nubian boys are in rut. But my doe isn't in heat.Is that usually how it happens?
Sometimes yes. He'll "bring them in" if he's already in rut. He'll slip further in rut as they start showing.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Could be the heat, could be he has already bred your girls during the cool of night, could be they aren't cycling, could be he's a non-breeder, could be they are not in good enough condition to be cycling, could be they won't start cycling until later in the fall depending on the breed, could be a lot of things. I rarely ever see my bucks servicing my does, but they generally seem to kid when they are supposed to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts