Nubian
1835 lbs milk, 4.6% fat, and 3.7% protein

Nigerian Dwarf
729 lbs milk, 6.1% fat, and 4.4% protein

Golden Guernsey
1650 lbs milk, 7.8% fat, 4% protein

Boer
1342lbs milk, 7.6% fat, 4.3% protein

As of right now I do not know the other breeds average milk fat, protein, and production. If you know the other breed stats, feel free to add them!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I would be interested to find out the average for Golden Guernsey's. I have a GG breeder in my state that is licensed to sell raw milk and theirs is the richest I've tasted.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would be interested to find out the average for Golden Guernsey's. I have a GG breeder in my state that is licensed to sell raw milk and theirs is the richest I've tasted.
I'll contact ADGA about that, see what turns up.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Thanks, though I doubt they'd be much help. They don't follow or register GG's as far as I know. They are registered through the British Goat Society mainly, as well as the American Guernsey Goat Registry stateside.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, they do have it listed as a breed in the guidebooks, so they must know something about it, right? Can't hurt to ask anyway. If I don't get any answer from them, I can always ask the registries you provided. :)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i love nigerian milk and it makes the creamiest thick yogurt! but it looks like nubian is a close second. i see that boer milk is the highest but dont now about the taste as i've never tried it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts