The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like this is a really stupid question, but I have to ask. Would it be harmful to my goats if I were to milk them once per day for just a few days?

I normally would not even consider this, but I *have* to go out of town for 2-4 days (traffic court, ugh!) and I just don't think that I can find anyone to come over morning *and* night to milk them for me. I could definitely get someone to come once per day, though.

If it is harmful to the goats I will not do it. I am just looking for options because missing this court date will cost me a lottttt of money that I don't have!

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated! :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, this is not harmful to the goats!! :) I've heard of quite a few people who do this full time, and we've even done it a few times:) just make sure to milk them out all the way in the morning:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, there is no kid on either of them. I think I will be able to reduce my trip to 1 night/2 days, so that's only 3 milkings. I'll let my goat sitter know that if he misses the nighttime ones it won't be a total disaster :p Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
450 Posts
We only milk once a day, in the evenings when I get home from work. All my girls do fine with it. Can't wait for the day when we can go to twice a day so I can see what my girls production will really be like LOL, but for now, this works for us

1 - 5 of 5 Posts