Milk output from my girls!!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by liz, Apr 19, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have posted on Binky, my reg. ND as well as posted pics of her udder...she is still giving me 3+ cups twice a day! I started to stall Bootsie and Tilly at night around 8:30 so I could start on them too, Goldie is Tillys doeling and Bootsies 3 boys are here too, til the owner of the 2 wethers pick them up next week. Teddy will be one of my boys so he will be housed separate....but for now Boots and Tilly are away from kids 8:30 pm to 3:30 the next afternoon so I get to milk twice!

Bootsie gives 2 cups in the morning and Tilly 2 1/2c....afternoon Boots gives me 3 1/2 and Tilly 3 3/4!!! I am so totally pleased with my "mini milkers" So for a GRAND TOTAL of 7 and a 1/2 pounds of milk every day!! Woo Hoo....I've already made Mozzarella and Ricotta and now I have a double batch of Feta in the "works" plus.....shhhhh...I have a "repeat customer" that thinks that my girls give very sweet and rich milk that he wants all I can (or want to) give up!!

If I can, I will post pics of Bootsie and Tilly's udders...they aren't the best but I started milking minis with Bootsie and Tilly's udder is even better...now I hope that Angel has a grown up udder her next freshining!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh thats really cool! I am excited about Aspen's udder - she won't be fun to milk at first but hopefully she settles down, her and sweet pea

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Aspen should definately do well this year being her 2nd time! I don't really expect to have gallons from my girls but I think they are doing well, Tilly has the nasty habit of nursing herself, and she actually spent time at my moms 2 years ago because I was getting sooo frustrated with her! That and Bootsie still let her suck from her! At 3 years old! Well I "fixed" Tilly a collar so that she has freedom to eat and drink and do all the goaty stuff, she just can't turn her head far enough to reach her own teats! The time she spent at my moms weaned her from Bootsie, and the kids being 9 and 10 weeks old, the girls don't let them nuse often at all,they get kicked out of the way,, so I figure that if the moms are ready to wean them then I'm going to reap the benefits!

You have to be getting excited with Aspen and Sweet Pea due in ONLY a week!! I am...I can't wait to see if Aspen proves me right! :thumbup:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well Aspen sure is big enough for twins now!

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Since the girls have been away from the kids, for a week now, they are with them from 4-8pm...I am getting 5 and a half quarts a day. Weight wise...thats 11 pounds from 3 minis!! Too bad that I only get 3 pounds of cheese from 16 pounds of milk!

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Wow!! Thats pretty good for a Nigerian :)

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thanks Sarah, I really wasn't expecting to see this much! Bootsie and Tilly are ND/Pygmy cross and they are giving almost as much as Binky! Believe it or not, my late Dolly, being full pygmy was giving me a full 2 quarts a day....well the first 2 are a cup shy of that and Binky is a half cup shy....though it seems the days when they spend hours munching the fresh green browse they give me a bit more.

Can't ya tell that I LOVE MILKING??