The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone just have a quick question. My doe is 12 days post kidding. Her little buckling is nursing from her doing great and is quite a large kid now! My question is I have been milking her once a day at night chores. She production is increasing by about an ounce or two a day. Tonight I got 18.2 ounces which is about 0.56 quarts. Does that seem normal to everyone or on the low side? She gets 3 cups 17% sweet feed and 2 cups oats twice a day plus waterever alfalfa hay and minerals she wants. She is a first time freshner also.

·
Super Moderator
59,727 Posts
Sometimes an FF doesn't have as good production the first year. But you are also only milking once a day. They produce what is demanded of them. But I would expect her to increase.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just curious I read they usually peak around 6 weeks after baby. He nurses quite frequently and has really grown! I made a milking pump yesterday because she always is kicking and getting her foot in my milk bucket ugh lol. First time I used it tonight not sure she knew what to think of the pump noise! She stood quite a bit better and milking took less time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts