milk replacer for adult doe

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by karmouth, Jan 30, 2009.

1. karmouth

karmouth New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    ocala, FL
    I was wondering if you feed a adult doe milk replacer pellets if it would help with her milk production . Or if you sprinkled/ coated her grain with the powder . It's high calcium . They tell human moms that breast feed to drink milk . Just a thought .Wondering others thought's on it are?
    Karen

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I don't see why it would hurt, It would add to her calcium and protein intake, just add the powder to her grain ration, she may or may not want to eat it, milk pellets may work better ......I have a dry doe now that when she freshened if I didn't put a homemade contraption around her neck she would suck on her own udder...didn't seem to hurt her, but it did frustrate me!

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    absolutely!!

i give my dairy girls from the day they give birth all through lactation calf manna.. it does wonders for them

works for boers too.. those kids are SAP SUCKERS!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :ROFL:

By the way.... like the new pic you made above..... :greengrin:

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    they are little sap suckers toth.. you know it!!

they're like milk chupa cabras!!

thanks.. i can make you one if you mail me pictures and such.. i get bored

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :slapfloor: your so right, the little week old doe is drinking and growing so fast! jumping and playing with my month old kiko!
    The buckling is a little more reserved and much rather hang around mom.

7. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    TEXAS
    Just yesterday I was feeding the bottle boys out with the other goats and a couple of does came up and acted like they wanted it. I was wondering then if adult goats like milk, anyone know?
    The boys always make a little mess and the does licked it up.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    As I said...I have a doe that nurses on herself...she enjoys it a little too much! Your does may try it, especially if they were bottle babies...my 2 year old buck will still take a bubby as well as my almost 2 year old doe, Angel. If they like it you can even try it from a bucket...just remember though that even an adult can scour from anything "different".

9. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    my goat Whisper loves to drink her own milk :D She wont touch cows milk though, even if I heat it up!!!

Soya meal helps with milk production too due to the high protein content...