The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LD Ranch
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick Question my grandma wants to know if you can give Dumor Kid Milk Replacer to a chihuahua??

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
For a treat or for nutritional needs? Sometimes when my bottle fed kids didn't finish all their milk, I gave it to the dogs for a treat. If this is for a supplement though, I wouldn't. I would go for the land o lakes multi species replacer...

·
I'm watching you
22,271 Posts
I'd go get a can of puppy milk replacer. Bottle puppies are very hard to raise and constipate very easily...

·
Super Moderator
58,870 Posts
First it is formulated specifically for goats. Second, many goats get sick on it. I definitely wouldn't use it for a dog, goat or anything else you care about.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I would use fresh goats milk if at all possible. I have had to bottle raise many litters of puppies, fresh goats milk is better than any replacer they make. I do not recommend the puppy replacer either, they put a lot of unnecessary things and a lot of questionable things in the puppy replacer, overall they do not thrive on it, they aren't as healthy on replacers as they would be on fresh milk.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I agree with the fresh milk... I've never bottle fed a puppy... I was confused if it was just for a treat or if it was for a supplement...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts