The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just started milking my doe in late July. I wash her teets and udders with a vinager, dawn dish soap, and water mix before and dry her off with a paper towel and dip her teets in it after. I wear clean medical gloves, I sterelize my glass girls. I milk into a small sterizes jar and then dump into a larger jar that is in an ice bath. My problem is when you first drink the milk it's fine then my tongue starts kind of burning, tingling sensation and has a bad after taste. Has anyone ever had this happen? is it the milk or something else? Has anyone ever

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

·
2,203 Posts
You don't happen to have an allergy do you?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the dish soap. I know you wipe her off, but could there be a little bit in her teat orifices that gets into the milk? There are chemicals in that, so maybe they could cause some burning and tingling.

Also, if you dip her teats in it, it could be sitting in there until the next day...could it get into the milk?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking maybe it was the wash. I don't rinse her with water because I dry her off and the first squirt of milk at of each teat goes on a paper towel. I think I will try wipes and then a warm wet paper towel to rinse her off.

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts