The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Goodness, she is sooo full. Will more than likely be kidding soon and letting her milk down even more. If you hadn't have relieved her pressure some, don't know how in the world the udder would hold all the milk this doe is making. Happy kidding and easy birthing to the both of you.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
You know what Nashville Nancy, she is likely tired of carrying those little ones around as much as the waiting game is tiring. Might be "the finger look" sure enough, those last few days of pregnancy seem to drag on and on whatever form the mother to be lives in. The birth will be soon, my guess is by Sunday night early Monday morning.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

This is after I milked that horrendously large udder after the babies had eaten their fill. Tummies were all round and full. Doe was still very large, but the babies had nursed all the milk out of one side, plus some from the large side... I was concerned they would eat themself to death, so I milked out the other and got 3/4 gallon. She is finally deflated now, thank goodness. Photo of the colostrum I saved from the first time I relieved pressure on her udder....I am going to heat it up and try to bottle feed some of it to babies.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Congratulations on the birth of those beautiful triplets. All that abundance of milk was to feed her litter of kids, plus some extra. Glad you were finally able to milk her out, she will be much more comfortable now.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,528 Posts
Congratulations on the kids! So glad she can have an empty udder! That must be such a relief for both her and you!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts