The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a kinder milking doe that I noticed today while milking her, she was having an unusual hard time eating her grain. I looked in her mouth, it looked normal, no sores, pink like it should be. Then, I gave out treats before I left for work, she usually wolfs it down, took a few chomps and then spit it out? Any ideas?? She was grazing fine, she's acting fine. I thought it was kind odd, I've never seen her do this, or any if my others for that matter.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is a year and a half. I'm not sure at what age that occurs, but I'll look it up.. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Growing goats start to lose their primary teeth at around a year to year and a half, the front teeth usually are the first to come in and she'll lose the middle 2 first then each one along the sides up to 2 1/2 years old, the molars are usually the last ones to start. She'll be back to eating normally once those loose ones come out and her adult teeth are in.

I actually have a "baby" molar from my old girl Bootsie, odd that I found it too because they usually end up swallowing them or they end up lost in the pasture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts