The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe is currently going through her first lactation and nursing two, healthy, 10 week old kids. I went away for 2 days and on returning noticed she had a lesion and a swollen lump high up on the middle of her udder, not near the teats. The kids are nursing from both sides okay and she's not off her feed or acting unusual so hopefully she isn't sore. I've washed the area with chlorhexidine and am not sure what to do next - any advice?

Some context: The swollen lump she had MUCH more mildly right from two days after she kidded, but I had the vet come do a general health check about 7 days after she kidded (as they were her first) and she said she didn't think it was mastitis because the doesn't seem to be on one side, the udder wasn't hot and swollen, and it seemed too early on to have developed. The lump is much more swollen now so I don't know whether it could be a lymph node or something? Would really appreciate any advice!

Attachments

·
I'm watching you
22,546 Posts
That's a walled off staph infection. Basically mastitis that her body has taken care of.
There isn't much you can do until her body decides what to do with it.
I would definitely dry cow treat her when she dries up . If you need instructions let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts