Milking Stars?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by pennylullabelle, Jan 12, 2010.

1. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Okay - so I know what milking stars are. I don't know how they are awarded or which registry awards them. Anyone?

Also, I know what it means when there is a star and a number. For example, the dam to one of my does is ARMCH Lost Valley TB Infinity 4*D. So, she has 4 stars. But what does the "D" mean?

How about when it says * followed by a letter, again an example is the sire of that same doeling is Rosasharn's TL Sitka Spruce *S. What does the "*S" mean?

Thanks guys!!

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Okay I will try to sum it up simply:

You have to be enrolled in a DHIA milk test program to earn stars

AGS- awards *D which is a Dairy Star
    ADGA- awards *M which is a Milking Star

Those are awarded to does only- and the Number in front of the star is the number of does in a row that have their stars

Ex- a doe gets a *D (or *M) if her dam didnt have a star- then HER daughter would be a 2*D (or 2*M) and then HER daughter would be a 3*D (or 3*M)

AGS and ADGA award bucks as well IF their sire AND their dam both had their milking stars
    AGS- *S for bucks
    ADGA- *B for bucks

Did that all make sense?

3. pennylullabelle

That was great, thanks!

Doeling mentioned on the above post gets a star (I will be participate in DHIR) then she'll have *5....right?

And her sire has an AGS star. Cool. I'm on board now :thumbup:

4. pennylullabelle

I believe you were one of the ones who helped me decide to buy the doeling. So thanks a million!!

5. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

:laugh: You're welcome, can't wait to see how she turns out!

6. pennylullabelle

You and me both. i'm breeding her this Spring for Summer kids, I can't wait to see her udder!